Unlocked My Touch 3g HELP!!!

gtaryder08

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
New to forum and looking forward to learning lots of stuff from here just came from Iphone 3GS .....I just unlocked my phone have the my touch 3g for TMO and am using it under ATT.... There is two issues Im having first is that I cannot send or recieve MMS messages what do I have to do ???? Second is I have 3g coverage but doesnt show on the phone like the 3g sign doesnt come up will appreciate any help thanks ...

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
As for the messaging you will have to contact att and get the settings from them or sniff around the different forums for the settings. As for 3g, I regret to inform you that tmobile 3g frequencies differ from att's. Unless you have a phone that is capable of the 3g frequency att is using there is no hope of a 3g connection (Iphones unlocked for tmobile will never pick up a 3g signal unless on att). Im not sure if this is the case with the mytouch, but I am willing to bet dimes to dollars that is the problem.

If in your research you find that the mytouch has the appropriate radio frequencies for att (which I doubt) it is as simple as turning the 3g radio on in the wireless settings. Best of luck in your search.

monkiki

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
HTC Tattoo

Hi,
i have an unlocked HTC Tattoo, now setup and worked fine with at&t data plan. However, it is not picking up 3G signal...
i checked the spec and thought it should be working fine with at&t, anything i could missed?
:confused:
Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE:
850/900/1800/1900 MHz

HTC - Products - HTC Tattoo - Specification

thank you in advance!!!!
love my android tattoo :D

tallbruva

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
You won't be able to get 3G with AT&T. They use different bands. T-Mobile uses the 1700 and 2100MHz bands. AT&T uses the 850 and 1900 MHz bands. If you had a European 3G phone it would work. If you took the iPhone to T-Mobile, 3G wouldn't work on it either.