Is there any way to remove pre-installed app icons from the drawers?

dharma89

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Hello its my first post since I register this forum...
I have a question regarding pre-installed apps such as Gmail and Camera, Camcorder and so.
Is there any way to remove it from the drawer? Because of the Drawer is always alphabetical order and I wish I dont want to see Camera and Camcorder icons front for I am not use it at all.

Is there any way or apps does that kind of things- without rooting the device?

I am using T-Mobile (USA) Mytouch 3g with 1.6 donut.

thank you guys!

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Hello its my first post since I register this forum...
I have a question regarding pre-installed apps such as Gmail and Camera, Camcorder and so.
Is there any way to remove it from the drawer? Because of the Drawer is always alphabetical order and I wish I dont want to see Camera and Camcorder icons front for I am not use it at all.

Is there any way or apps does that kind of things- without rooting the device?

I am using T-Mobile (USA) Mytouch 3g with 1.6 donut.

thank you guys!

Not at all possible without root. Check my sig for very clear root instructions. Easy as pie and well worth the time invested. Good luck.

dharma89

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I rooted to cyanogenmod

then is there any way to remove those pre-installed apps from drawer? I dont want remove them from my device, but not want to see always because i barely use them...

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
then is there any way to remove those pre-installed apps from drawer? I dont want remove them from my device, but not want to see always because i barely use them...

I used Root Explorer (in the market) and navigated to /system/app. From there you can rename the .apk that you want to hide to .apk.old or something. Then the app will not show up in the drawer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2