Does MyTouch 3G allow internet sharing?

ronbo2000

Jul 25, 2009
www.treocentral.com
Does it also require a different data plan? I am grandfathered from old VPN data plan.
Also the internet sharing with your laptop, is it available?

Last edited:

weirdkid

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if you can use a different data plan but what I do know is that with the Android Data plan, tethering is free. And if you're rooted, search "android wireless tether" in google and the first link has an App to do so.

jes

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
MY SECOND POST!!! From my Sprint Treo 755p.

My understanding from June Fabrics PDA Technology Group is that rooting is not required for tethering. I used PDANet on my Treo 300, Treo 650, 700p, and 755p, and it has been a workhorse, so I would highly recommend this product. Hope this helps! Cheers, Jason

PS: I am thinking of going to T-Mobile because I need international and I am liking what I am learning about the Android...should I go for the myTouch? I really like the positive atmosphere I am seeing with the myTouch in this forum...a real contrast from what I am seeing regarding the Behold II.

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Does it also require a different data plan? I am grandfathered from old VPN data plan.
Also the internet sharing with your laptop, is it available?

My understanding is that the provisioning is different for android devices than say, a blackberry, or a winmob device [i.e. When I made the switch to the mytouch I came from a BB (and an iPhone) when I switched, the network connected me for about 20 minutes, then booted me].

Tier 3 support made the proper adjustments on their end And explained that they are different. The unlimited plan is pretty sweet though. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar