Trouble Rooting 2.2.1

anon(10090)

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone, I've been helping a friend try to get his MyTouch 3G rooted, but I've been running into issues. I've googled the process for 2.2.1, and have tried 3-4 of the top processes and just can't get it. Here are the methods I've tried that have not worked.

SuperOneClick - Freezes on "Waiting on Device"
Ultimate Guide: How to root any myTouch/Magic and install custom recovery/ROM!!! - xda-developers

Z4 - Crashes in android
How To: Load a Custom ROM on Your Android Phone (After Any One Click Root Methods) | TheUnlockr

UniversalAndroot - root fails
[GUIDE] Universal AndRoot - 1-click root (works on MyTouch 3G 1.2) - Page 15 - xda-developers

Factory Reset method - download link is broken for package #2
How-To: Manually update myTouch 3g to Android 2.2.1 Froyo OS

CyanogenMod wiki method - Got "Main Version is older" - read below about goldcard
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=HTC_Magic_(32B):_Rooting

Here is some more info on the device in question:

SAPPHIRE PVT 32B SHIP S-ON G
HBOOT-1.33.0013 (SAPH30000)
CPLD-10
RADIO-2.22.28.25
OCt 21 2009,22:33:27

Android 2.2.1

I've done my due diligence I think - I just spent the last 3 hours researching and trying these methods - and now I need the community's help. Thanks in advance for anything people can do to assist! (I'm wondering if it's going to require the goldcard method, which looked a little more intimidating than I wanted to try without hitting a wall with the others).

anon(10090)

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Bump.

I really need some help on this. Since this post a couple weeks ago, I've tried the super one click method on 2 of my coworkers phones, which worked like a charm (they were droid 1's), so I know I'm doing it right, but it still locks up on his mytouch 3g.

If anyone could lend a hand it would be much appreciated!

setcos99

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
try superoneclickv1.9.5-shortfuse drivers. You must use the one with driver bilt in superoneclick. do not use 2.2.or 2.3.3 or anything else, and also use shell root.good luck