Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default MT4GS Q&A

    We've got one here for a bit. I plan to use it full time for at least a week, so I'll be able to answer questions (as best I can). Let's hear them!
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
  2. #2  
    igotsanevo4g's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    Is the keyboard well built? And hows the camera living up to the hype?
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  3. #3  

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    Is the screen annoyingly small coming from a 4" or 4.3" phone, or do you quickly get used to it?

    How does it compare performance-wise to the Sensation?

    Does the camera live up to the hype HTC/T-Mobile is giving it?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    Still getting used to the keyboard, but it ain't terrible. I don't mind the screen size, never did like big phones though. Performance seems great, maybe a little faster than the EVO 3D. Especially the browser.

    Haven't fooled with the camera too much, but the shutter works as advertised - both focus and snapping a pic is very fast. I'll try to get some samples tomorrow.

    Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
  5. #5  
    aNYthing24's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    How's the screen? Does it wash out badly like some myTouch 4G's did?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    screen looks really good on this one, but like you said some MT4G screens looked good as well.

    Didn't get any pics today, was busy all morning and now it's raining. Will try tomorrow
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  
    aNYthing24's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    Cool, thanks.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    In all the videos, the screen seems to dim after a few seconds. I'm assuming this can be disabled in the power management settings. Is that true?

    Also, how would you compare the feel of the physical keyboard to the Droid 2 (my current phone)?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    Quote Originally Posted by RoninX View Post
    In all the videos, the screen seems to dim after a few seconds. I'm assuming this can be disabled in the power management settings. Is that true?

    Also, how would you compare the feel of the physical keyboard to the Droid 2 (my current phone)?
    yeah you can set the screen timeout in the settings.

    After three days, I think i was right about my first impressions of the KB. It's not the best -- the G2/Evo Shift/Merge keyboard is better. So is the Epic KB. But it's way better than the D1 or D2 keyboard. I already find myself typing faster on it after just the couple days with it.

    It's wide. The individual key size and spacing is good. So is the "clickiness" -- you won't accidentally press keys, but you don't have to press too hard. The layout is just a bit to wide and I find reaching my thumb over for the keys at the edge is a bit awkward.

    Got a pic worth looking at. yes, it's a little blurry (i was on my stomach out in the wet grass lol) but i think the edge of the leaves against the sky is awesome, and more than i would expect from a cellphone camera. I'm using the HDR setting. Excited to take some serious stills and see what it will do.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by 2:
  10. #10  
    aNYthing24's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    Is there anyway you can get an N8 to compare it to? That's the best camera on any mobile phone IMO.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    Under everyday use (websurfing, etc.), how does the speed of the MT4GS on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network compare to the speed of Verizon's 3G network? Is there a noticeable difference or is it about the same?

    When the MT4GS can't get a 4G connection does it drop back to 3G or 2G? How often does this happen in your experience?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    Quote Originally Posted by aNYthing24 View Post
    Is there anyway you can get an N8 to compare it to? That's the best camera on any mobile phone IMO.
    Nope. But I can compare it to a dlsr in point and shoot mode, taking pics of random crap out on my porch. Saving good pictures for the review lol.

    first set is the MT4Gs, followed by the dlsr, just pointed and clicked the button.





    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------







    Quote Originally Posted by RoninX View Post
    Under everyday use (websurfing, etc.), how does the speed of the MT4GS on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network compare to the speed of Verizon's 3G network? Is there a noticeable difference or is it about the same?

    When the MT4GS can't get a 4G connection does it drop back to 3G or 2G? How often does this happen in your experience?
    the networks are a little different. T-Mo's 3G network will hit 7.7 Mbps down. I'll be in a solid 4G area all day Thursday, but even in 3G it's plenty fast enough, and easily twice as fast as a comparable CDMA (Sprint or Verizon) 3G network. I'll be honest, 4G IMO is wasted unless you're using a computer on any network. You can get info on 3G as fast (or faster) than a phone can process it. But I'll let ya know how things go thrusday.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by:
  13. #13  

    Default

    Can you tell me if the UI still has MyFaves?I liked how it would show notifications on the lock screen from people selected under MyFaves.

    Thanks
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    Quote Originally Posted by Brademcee View Post
    Can you tell me if the UI still has MyFaves?I liked how it would show notifications on the lock screen from people selected under MyFaves.

    Thanks
    Nope. they took them out
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
  15. #15  
    MrBigFeathers's Avatar

    Posts
    213 Posts
    ROM
    Shiny

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    Have there been any issues with the signal dropping. I have read that some people who have the device already are having issues with the 4G dropping in and out quite a bit where it will go from 4G to no data connection at all and then reconnect, then drop, connect, etc.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBigFeathers View Post
    Have there been any issues with the signal dropping. I have read that some people who have the device already are having issues with the 4G dropping in and out quite a bit where it will go from 4G to no data connection at all and then reconnect, then drop, connect, etc.
    Not seeing anything like that on 3G. Like i said, I'll have a chance to play in a 4g (21) area all day Thursday, and will have lots of time sitting and waiting -- so I can fool around with it.

    The only radio issues I'm seeing is that Wifi calling doesn't like to reconnect automatically when I come home and reconnect to Wifi. It starts, but never completes. A reboot of the phone brings it right back.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
  17. #17  
    MrBigFeathers's Avatar

    Posts
    213 Posts
    ROM
    Shiny

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    This may not be something you can answer but I'll give it a shot. My wife has a MyTouch Slide 3G. I ordered this as an upgrade for her. Will her current SIM card work fine in the new phone? I just wasn't sure if a 4G device needs a newer SIM than what is in her current phone.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBigFeathers View Post
    This may not be something you can answer but I'll give it a shot. My wife has a MyTouch Slide 3G. I ordered this as an upgrade for her. Will her current SIM card work fine in the new phone? I just wasn't sure if a 4G device needs a newer SIM than what is in her current phone.
    I didn't have to with either the G2 or the MT4G. I'll be sure to drop my SIM in the Slide Thursday and double check that my old SIM works as intended
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
  19. #19  

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    Imagine that you are a busy working mom who uses her android for primary email, moderate web surfing, streaming music and the big kicker, this would be the primary camera. You want to upgrade from a Mytouch 4g.

    Would you chose the MT4Slide or the Sensation? Please give reasoning.
    Last edited by jjspigland; 07-19-2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Add info.
  20. #20  
    CBConsultation's Avatar

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Beans v17

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    Quote Originally Posted by jjspigland View Post
    Imagine that you are a busy working mom who uses her android for primary email, moderate web surfing, streaming music and the big kicker, this would be the primary camera. You want to upgrade from a Mytouch 4g.

    Would you chose the MT4Slide or the Sensation? Please give reasoning.
    Let me try and answer a few of those. First, the Sensation has a washed out screen compared to the MT4G. I know this because I have had the MT4G since the day it was released. I have also tested the Sensation. The screen is nothing compared to even the original MT4G.

    As far as the camera, the resolution might be somewhat better on the MT4GS and maybe faster capture, but in the end remember, IT IS A PHONE CAMERA. Nothing will take the place of a nice point and shoot. People have this misconception that phones will ever be able to match the quality of a stand-alone camera. WRONG.

    I am keeping my MT4G and will not upgrade. IMO this isn't much of an upgrade. I run the MIUI Rom on this phone and have the kernel tweaked and it runs fast and gets 48 hours of battery.

    Keep your MT4G IMHO.
    Current devices - SGS3, SGN2, N7, N8, S7
    Thanked by:
  21. #21  

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    Quote Originally Posted by CBConsultation View Post
    Keep your MT4G IMHO.
    Would but it took a bath in some Dr Pepper. I have partial functionality and the screen is washed out, so I need to change to something else.
  22. #22  
    CBConsultation's Avatar

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Beans v17

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    Quote Originally Posted by jjspigland View Post
    Would but it took a bath in some Dr Pepper. I have partial functionality and the screen is washed out, so I need to change to something else.
    Then I would pick this over the Sensation. Better screen on the MT4GS and better camera.
    Current devices - SGS3, SGN2, N7, N8, S7
    Thanked by:
  23. #23  
    aNYthing24's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    Quote Originally Posted by CBConsultation View Post
    Then I would pick this over the Sensation. Better screen on the MT4GS and better camera.
    Better screen...how? You do know that the Sensation has two different screen makers (just like the MT4G did) and you just have to find one with a good panel. If you do, it's a pretty amazing screen.
  24. #24  
    Jalarm's Avatar

    Posts
    808 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CBConsultation View Post
    Then I would pick this over the Sensation. Better screen on the MT4GS and better camera.
    The sensation is the flagship devicw right now. It's a great device.

    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom
  25. #25  

    Default Re: MT4GS Q&A

    When are you going to post the full review? Its been over 2 weeks since the initial...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions