Sync Issue (add one more device)

ilyabyk83

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I use T-Mo HTC myTouch 4G and obviously I have a gmail account.. My phone and WEB stay constantly in sync.. Phonebook/addressbook and e-mail (Inbox, Sent, Draft, Deleted) is the exactly the same on both...

I want to know, can I set my Outlook up to be in this "chain" also?? If YES - then how?? Right now I only have my Outlook installed on my comp, but not configured any ways.

I want to make sure to get the same exact address book as in my Web Gmail/Mobile also..

On one COMPUTER forum, people told me that I need to buy some software for $65, that it doesn't work that way for free. To what I disagreed and thought to ask here..

Because; if WEB and MOBILE already are in 24/7 sync - I'm almost posotive there is a way to add Outlook in to this "chain"..

Please tell me that those people were wrong, and I was right??

Please give instructions, if this is possible.. THANK YOU!!

Last edited:

RWFarley

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
If you find out, let me know. The MT4GS will add the Outlook as a second Calendar, contacts set. I cannot see how to "Merge" them on the phone. This is good for some, who have separate "work" and "home" calendars and Contacts, but if you're like me with one megaset, it's a challenge.

The MT4GS will "link" contacts from the two datasets, but not merge them. I'm looking for a way to "push" the updated Facebook or LinkiedIn Pics onto Outlook, but no joy yet....

RWFarley

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
1) How do I "Merge" (not link) my contacts??

2) How do I "Push" updated pictures (e.g. from Facebook or LinkedIn) to my Outlook contacts???
I want a SINGLE database, not 5 "linked" databases

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34