Accidentally used NS4G restore like an idiot

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I found a link leading to a thread on this site's sprint nexus s 4G section which gave them a one click restore. so now my tmobile phone thinks its a sprint and obviously has no service at all. what can I do??

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You will need to do the following...

1. Make sure you have Fastboot installed in your computer which is part of the Android SDK. Install appropriate drivers if you need to. Instructions all can be found at the Android SDK Google page.

2. Take the contents of the factory image you downloaded as I suggested above and extract them to your " /platform-tools/ " directory inside your Android SDK on your hard drive using 7zip or WinRAR. [TIP] I based the instructions/filenames using the Gingerbread v2.3.6 factory images, adjust if necessary for ICS 4.0.4[/TIP]

The files you need from inside the factory image zip file are below.
bootloader-crespo-i9020xxka3.img radio-crespo-i9020xxka3.img (Inside the image-soju-grk39f.zip) boot.img recovery.img system.img userdata.img

3. Boot into your bootloader (Press Power + Volume Up) from a powered off state. Now unlock your bootloader if you haven't already done so. Connect you device via USB cable to your computer. Open a Command Terminal Window and type in the following below.
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
4. From the bootloader screen once again Open a new Command Terminal Window and type in the following...

Code:
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-crespo-i9020xxka3.img
fastboot flash radio radio-crespo-i9020xxka3.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot  reboot
: Optional :

If you choose to relock your bootloader after your finished, from the Terminal Command Window type the following code

Code:
fastboot oem lock
Then reboot the device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz