How to "root" 2.3.3
If you unrooted to take the OTA, or have decided now is the time to root:
- Unlock the bootloader (if needed)
- Download Clockwork recovery. Koush's site is down. This is a mirror.
- Download ChainsDD's su package
- Unzip the Clockwork recovery file, and place the *.img file inside your SDK/tools folder
- Copy ChainsDD's su package to the root of your SD card
- reboot to bootloader mode (power off, then hold volume up + power)
- open your terminal/cmd prompt and navigate to your SDK/tools folder. This assumes that you placed fastboot in sdk/tools. Adjust as needed
- in your terminal typeCode:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-crespo.img
- On your phone, use the volume key to highlight "recovery". Press power to boot into recovery.
- in the recovery screen, select mounts and storage
- mount /system
- mount /data
- go back, and choose install zip from sd card
- choose "choose zip from sd card"
- pick the su package zip file you copied over earlier
- choose Yes
- when done, reboot.
enjoy the root.
Because you aren't using a custom ROM, your recovery will revert at every reboot. To fix this, rename /etc/install-recovery.sh to /etc/install-recovery.sh.bak. If you don't do this, you'll have to flash Clockwork every time you want to use it.
- 02-25-2011, 03:06 AM #2
- 02-25-2011, 09:18 PM #3
- 02-25-2011, 09:48 PM #5
- 02-26-2011, 02:34 PM #7
- 02-28-2011, 10:14 PM #8
- 03-02-2011, 07:31 PM #9
ok just want to follow up and say that the reason i got that was because i needed to flash the latest nexus one recovery image so thats why i got the triangle exclamation thingy... so yea im dumb but whatev. and this DOES work but before you install chainsDD su.zip you need to toggle signature verification so it doesn't matter if its signed or not. then install and you have root on your nexus one running 2.3.3!!! hello again cm7!!
- 03-02-2011, 07:46 PM #10
- 03-22-2011, 01:59 AM #11
- 04-21-2011, 11:08 AM #12
ok so i am going to try this and i plugged my phone into my computer opened the "removable Disk E" and i dont have the SDK/tools folder in there... also how do i copy ChainsDD's su package to the root of your SD card... i am really new to android and so this is like a new language. thanks for any help!
- 05-02-2011, 11:00 AM #13Because you aren't using a custom ROM, your recovery will revert at every reboot. To fix this, rename /etc/install-recovery.sh to /etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
- 05-02-2011, 02:06 PM #14
- 07-05-2011, 10:57 AM #15