Hilarious Boot Animation

miniZ

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Saw this over at XDA. Figured I would share. I love it, and it is great for showing off to all of my iPhone friends!
Here is the link:
***UPDATED 3/23***[BOOTANIMATION WITH SOUND] Android Vs Apple Lol - xda-developers

vaudevilleanimation.gif

They have an audio file to go with it, but I was unable to get that to work. Still somewhat new to the whole rooting scene. Give it a shot! It looks great, especially if you use the one with the black background!

Trimalchio

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
First, thanks for the boot logo. Looks awesome. Secondly, I'm new to this. Just rooted my Captivate and would really like to know how to apply this boot logo. Can anyone direct me in the right direction or explain to me how this is done?

miniZ

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
First, thanks for the boot logo. Looks awesome. Secondly, I'm new to this. Just rooted my Captivate and would really like to know how to apply this boot logo. Can anyone direct me in the right direction or explain to me how this is done?

I applied it using Root Explorer, if you go to the link you can do it using ADB, I believe.
Using Root Explorer, just copy and paste it over the old one. It should be located in System/Media, if not, I saw something about Data/Local being another possibility. Once it is in there, change the permissions so it looks like this
xx-
x--
x--
That and a reboot should do it. If that doesn't work, go to the link in the 1st post. There are several troubleshooting methods there.

miniZ

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
How exactly do you install this? I have an Epic 4G rooted running ACS ROM.

"
I applied it using Root Explorer, if you go to the link you can do it using ADB, I believe.
Using Root Explorer, just copy and paste it over the old one. It should be located in System/Media, if not, I saw something about Data/Local being another possibility. Once it is in there, change the permissions so it looks like this
xx-
x--
x--
That and a reboot should do it. If that doesn't work, go to the link in the 1st post. There are several troubleshooting methods there.
".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress