Nexus S doesn't load after fastboot to root

astro_sk

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I have spent quite a bit of time looking for a solution but I am still looking.
stats:
HW version - rev 11
Bootldr ver - I9020xxjk1
Bootldr bld- Nov 4 2010
Baseband - I9020xxjk8
lock state - unlocked

so I tried to unlock and root using clockwork3.0.2.4 and fastboot from the sdk. but it seems no matter what I do I can't get away from the google w/ padlock screen... unless ofcourse I want to go into recovery mode or fastboot mode.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Paul_sonnier

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
This might help.

Here are the steps to get your phone back up and working:

1.Download this platform-tools.zip and extract it to your desktop
2.Connect your phone to the PC and enter bootloader mode
3.Press and hold Shift while right-clicking the folder you extracted 'platform-tools'
4.Click 'Open command window here' from the pop-up menu. cmd.exe window will open.
5.If the Bootloader is Unlocked continue to the next step. Type in the cmd.exe window 'Fastboot oem unlock' and follow the steps on the phone screen.
6.Type in the cmd.exe window 'fastboot boot cwr.img'.Your phone will restart and enter ClockWork recovery(CWR).
6.In CWR navigate with the volume keys and highlight 'mounts and storage' and select it by pressing the power button.
7.Then navigate down and select 'mount USB Storage'
8.On your PC, go to 'My computer' and press the refresh button until a 'removable disk' drive appears.
9.Double click on 'removable disk', You now have access to your SDcard on your phone!
10.Copy over a flashable .Zip Rom to the SDcard that you want to install on your phone, ie. Stock 2.3.4: Link(only for i9020T and i9023, dont install if you have i9020A), CM7: Link, etc.
11.Select 'unmount' in CWR when done copying files over. Then 'Go Back' to go to the CWR main menu.
12.Select 'wipe data/factory reset' in CWR and confirm with 'yes'
13.Select 'install zip from sdcard', then select 'choose zip from sdcard', then select the zip file you want to install and confirm.
14.Wait until the Rom installation is complete, then 'select reboot system now'.
15.Your phone will reboot and be up and running! Custom Roms tend to take longer to boot so be patient.

Let me know what happens.

Dillinger88

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: This might help.

Here are the steps to get your phone back up and working:

1.Download this platform-tools.zip and extract it to your desktop
2.Connect your phone to the PC and enter bootloader mode
3.Press and hold Shift while right-clicking the folder you extracted 'platform-tools'
4.Click 'Open command window here' from the pop-up menu. cmd.exe window will open.
5.If the Bootloader is Unlocked continue to the next step. Type in the cmd.exe window 'Fastboot oem unlock' and follow the steps on the phone screen.
6.Type in the cmd.exe window 'fastboot boot cwr.img'.Your phone will restart and enter ClockWork recovery(CWR).
6.In CWR navigate with the volume keys and highlight 'mounts and storage' and select it by pressing the power button.
7.Then navigate down and select 'mount USB Storage'
8.On your PC, go to 'My computer' and press the refresh button until a 'removable disk' drive appears.
9.Double click on 'removable disk', You now have access to your SDcard on your phone!
10.Copy over a flashable .Zip Rom to the SDcard that you want to install on your phone, ie. Stock 2.3.4: Link(only for i9020T and i9023, dont install if you have i9020A), CM7: Link, etc.
11.Select 'unmount' in CWR when done copying files over. Then 'Go Back' to go to the CWR main menu.
12.Select 'wipe data/factory reset' in CWR and confirm with 'yes'
13.Select 'install zip from sdcard', then select 'choose zip from sdcard', then select the zip file you want to install and confirm.
14.Wait until the Rom installation is complete, then 'select reboot system now'.
15.Your phone will reboot and be up and running! Custom Roms tend to take longer to boot so be patient.

Let me know what happens.

Were is the link for platform-tools.zip?? I am bricked out and this is my last chance to fix it before I have to buy a new one :x