Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    4.2 Stock

Default Rooting Nexus S 2.3.4 on a Mac

Has anyone had any success rooting 2.3.4 on a Mac? The Mac thread on xda was abandoned and some bad reports show up in the thread.
    Nexus S 4g 2.3.4
    "If you're going to kill the animal it seems only polite to use the whole thing." -Fergus Henderson

What I did long ago and that has made my life much easier since - install Windows via Bootcamp on your Mac.

Although if you must use OSX, I can't imagine the procedure being much different than it is for Windows - just a different version of ADB. Have you tried it yet?

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Viper Rom ICS Android 4.0

Default Re: Rooting Nexus S 2.3.4 on a Mac

Quote Originally Posted by chefkeyser View Post
    Has anyone had any success rooting 2.3.4 on a Mac? The Mac thread on xda was abandoned and some bad reports show up in the thread.
    Nexus S 4g 2.3.4
    Has anyone done this? I am looking into rooting my Nexus.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default Re: Rooting Nexus S 2.3.4 on a Mac

i used that thread on XDA and done it without problems, even though i had no idea what i'm doing it got complicated at one point since i'm from a country that doesn't support paid apps, and thread says i need ROM Manager, which is paid, but i got root, got Enabler, got RM, flashed recovery

i am using i9023 Nexus S, not the 4G, that should be said :/