1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Newbie Nexus S

Hey all,

There is so many threads about rooting and newbie questions but I cant seem to find the answer Im lookin for. What is ROOT and what does it do? I have a stock Nexus S 2.3.4V and I want to know what the different between hacking an android phone and iphone jailbreak. I hope someone can help me with these answers Im looking for!

Thanks,
    Keegy

Here's a great resource. Lots of guides on rooting and the custom ROMs you can flash.

Quote Originally Posted by keegygti View Post
    Hey all,

There is so many threads about rooting and newbie questions but I cant seem to find the answer Im lookin for. What is ROOT and what does it do? I have a stock Nexus S 2.3.4V and I want to know what the different between hacking an android phone and iphone jailbreak. I hope someone can help me with these answers Im looking for!

Thanks,
    Keegy
    Read this for an explanation on rooting. Have fun

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default Re: Newbie Nexus S

ok, i'll hijack this thread, not to open a new one....my questions are:

can i and how can i return to stock kernel if Netarchy or others prove to be battery draining and less usable? i want BLN but not if it kills the battery life :/

also, is root + rom manager + CWM recovery + copy kernel zip to memory, reboot to recovery, flash from zip file (with cache/dalvik wipe) all i need to do, right?

any info is appreciated