Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How To Make Nexus S Faster?

Is there any way to make the Nexus S faster without rooting? I prefer to use the stock launcher but at times it gets really laggy and will appear "blank" and everything has to get redrawn. It gets super annoying. I don't want to root because certain features like Google Videos aren't available if you're rooted.
    Current Device: HTC Glacier (MT4G)
    Rooted, Overclocked to 1.8Ghz
    Running Gingerbread 2.3.1

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: How To Make Nexus S Faster?

I had that problem too. Usually happens when you have less than 80MB of free RAM avaliable
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

Default Re: How To Make Nexus S Faster?

Quote Originally Posted by amporter View Post
    I had that problem too. Usually happens when you have less than 80MB of free RAM avaliable
    maybe, try a new launcher such as launcher pro or go launcher ex. You can download them in the market.

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadia View Post
    Is there any way to make the Nexus S faster without rooting? I prefer to use the stock launcher but at times it gets really laggy and will appear "blank" and everything has to get redrawn. It gets super annoying. I don't want to root because certain features like Google Videos aren't available if you're rooted.
    Well that isn't a speed issue, it's a common issue with the stock launcher where it just gets way too laggy, I installed the one by Eugene in the Android market and I don't have it ( thus far) or give another launcher a try.

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10