1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Default battery problems

i just bought my first nexus S for at&t, but I'm having some major issues with battery life. I can sit and watch the battery being drained. I'm talking 1% every couple of minutes. i can't go more than 2hrs with out having to charge my phone. and everything is at the minimum. WHAT IS THE POINT OF ALL THE WIDGETS AND WHAT NOT IF I CAN'T USE THEM. PLS HELP

Default Re: battery problems

Check under battery use to see if a rogue app is draining the battery. (menu, settings, about phone, battery use). The battery should last you all day, or at least most of the day. I get 11 –15 hours with moderate to heavy use. Turn off 3g when your not browsing the web or downloading something. Can you provide any additional info on what your running, how many widgets you have, etc. Also, check to see how often you have an app sycing. If possible, do not snyc often. Turn off gps and bluetooth when not using. Connect to wifi as often as possible, especially if you have weak service in your area. Hope this helps.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

The only widgets I have running is dogcatcher,and weather by beautiful widgets, I have turned everything off except 3G. Could it be that the phone is defective, and it's draining the battery some how? have you ever heard of this?

I have never heard of a phone causing the battery to drain, I have heard of a faulty battery though. That should be replaced by whomever you purchased the phone from. If you explain the situation to the sales associate and politely ask for another battery they should provide you with one. Its more cost effective to give you a new battery than a new phone. See if the new battery works, if not, than look to getting a new phone. Another note is if your on 3v in an area where you get little to no coverage, the phone searching for that signal will drastically reduce your battery. Hope this helps you.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

WOW thanks for the help. This community Is awesome!!

the only problem is I got the phone from craigslists so i had to buy another battery from this web-site.

Your welcome! Since you bought the phone from craigslist, az I have too, check to see if the previous owner "rooted" the phone. They may have over clocked the phone, or included another feature normally not added ro a stock build. Just look for anything out of the norm. A good way to check and see if the phone is rooted; boot the phone up and see if there is an "unlock " symbol underneath the Google logo. Your phone may not be rooted, but this is another check to see if there is any abnormalities with your phone. Good luck!