BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Just got 2.3.6 OTA - T-Mobile in Jacksonville. Didn't seem to affect any of the teathering options. Sadly, no noticeable improvement in Wi-Fi reception either.

Reactions: Rahabib

jamieboy88

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Noob question guys but will the OTA update file posted on the article yesterday work on any Nexus S regardless of bands etc once it has the right build number?!

NM31

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Got my update yesterday.

1. No noticeable improvements.
2. As of today my nexus will not stop resetting itself. It's stuck in this cycle and is heating up very hot
I have taken the battery out a few times and it won't stop. Might as well be bricked. FML

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Try pulling battery to make sure it's powered off, then hold power and volume down button. Should bring you to a different (programmers type menu). From there you should be able to perform a factory reset.

Navigate by using up/down volume buttons, and select by hitting the power button.

Hope this helps. Those who have rooted may be familiar with this process when messing with Roms, kernels etc (boo boot loops!)

NM31

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Try pulling battery to make sure it's powered off, then hold power and volume down button. Should bring you to a different (programmers type menu). From there you should be able to perform a factory reset.

Navigate by using up/down volume buttons, and select by hitting the power button.

Hope this helps. Those who have rooted may be familiar with this process when messing with Roms, kernels etc (boo boot loops!)

I followed your steps and did the factory reset and after it started back up the phone continues to refresh. I'm taking it into best buy soon, hoping for a exchange

Last edited:

NM31

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Looks like they can't do anything about it and I have to send it back to google/samsung for manufacturer warranty.

Can someone give me a link to a tutorial to
reset/re-lock bootloader

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Noob question guys but will the OTA update file posted on the article yesterday work on any Nexus S regardless of bands etc once it has the right build number?!

No, the update yesterday will ONLY work on the T-MOBILE Nexus S. The other versions get different updates.
This update may also work with the Nexus S in Canada that runs on the same bands as T-Mobile.

jamieboy88

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
No, the update yesterday will ONLY work on the T-MOBILE Nexus S. The other versions get different updates.
This update may also work with the Nexus S in Canada that runs on the same bands as T-Mobile.

Thanks for getting back to me on that!! I actually updated it before you replied and it works just fine! Guess Meteor in Ireland runs the same network as T-Mobile!

Might just be my imagination but the Launcher seems a bit more stable after the update... used to refresh the widgets on occasion on 2.3.4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20