1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default How many of you are happy you got the Nexus S?

I am because I am so looking forward to Ice Cream Sandwich...really happy I got this device. Anyone else feel the same?

Sent from my Nexus S
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

ROM
    Stock and loving it

Default Re: How many of you are happy you got the Nexus S?

I am glad i bought the NS, even after almost of a year of use it runs like new. And when ICS is released for the NS i will be excited to see what Google has done to Android. It's just sad that i'm switching to AT&T in November, so hopefully Nexus Prime will be available on AT&T.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am glad the Prime might show up on Verizon, really was considering switching carriers after the while T-Mobile deal.

Sent from my Nexus S
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

My Nexus S just doesn't perform as well as my Glacier. I love the chassis but it can be laggy and the wifi is often iffy. On top of all that with the 7.2 max data speed I just don't use it much anymore. If it performed better i'd use it always.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

I love having the latest OS. I dont like that it doesnt have some features other phones do have (HD recording, HDMI out, etc.)

Despite the trade-offs, I would still do it again. But for most people, I just tell them to get a different phone.

I got the NS last December because I knew that when a new version of Android was released I would get an update quickly. Now that ICS is around the corner I feel like I'm about to get a new phone. I'm very happy with my phone.

Hello, Moin Moin, Salü!

I got my Nexus S about three weeks ago now as a replacement for my Palm Pré. And to be honest, i wanted a Pré3 or Touchpad but... that's another story.

I have the most "problems" not with the Nexus S but with Android. However most of this "problems" are - hopefully - just a matter of habbit...

When i replaced my Pré i was aware that a new Nexus is around the corner and that it would have a more current hardware, of course. But i was also aware of a higher price for that new piece hardware... And compared with Pré's hardware the Nexus S is more than one step ahead. I took the Nexus S because it is the current Android Reference Phone getting the best possible update iervice. For me this is an important point, much more important than "dual core", "8 mgea pixel camera", "720i Resolution" or stuff like that.

But one thing i really miss on the Nexus S (do not know about other Androids) is the "internal speaker off" switch. This forces me to handle the volume settings for ringtone, media and alarms seperatly what is even more annoying as the Clock/Alarm just ignore connected external headphones or speakers. This is really annoying me...

So, am i happy with the Nexus S..?

Yes i am - with some reservations!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bclapper View Post
    I got the NS last December because I knew that when a new version of Android was released I would get an update quickly. Now that ICS is around the corner I feel like I'm about to get a new phone. I'm very happy with my phone.
    I know, looking forward to Ice Cream Sandwich, makes me think I am getting a new phone, and this lag will be fixed with the hardware acceleration on ICS so I can deal for now.

Sent from my Nexus S