I'm starting to wish I hadn't migrated to ICS

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
This is turning into a real PITA!!!

For the past year, I have been perfectly content with GB. During the $.10 sale, I got ADW Launcher and all was right with the world.

Now since getting the official "push" of ICS from Google/Samsung/T-Mobile, lots of apps aren't working correctly. For instance...

HBO GO! - Won't even launch. Says "Device not supported." :mad:

SMS Pro - Contacts won't sync to show names and images. :mad:

Handcent SMS - Thought I would try it since it said it was ICS compatible. Too many things don't work in it either. :mad:

Dolphin Browser - VERY SLOW LOADING! The new ICS browser is OK, but I MUCH prefer Dolphin. :mad:

Weatherbug - This is minor, but the temperature display in the notification bar is SO TINY, you almost can't read it. :(

Flight Control - The one game I enjoy..doesn't work. :mad:

I think I'll spend Christmas Day flashing my ROM back to GB 2.3.6/GRK39F and just put up with the irritating notification that the ICS upgrade is ready for me to download. Maybe by March, most of the apps will be ICS compliant.

Last edited:

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Those issues seem like they will be fixed since the app developers will most likely update their app to make it compatible with ICS soon.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Such is always the case with early adopters. It'll take devs a few weeks to catch up; maybe a bit longer since it's the holidays. Try again in a month or two, it'll be much better. But with every major upgrade there are inevitably a few abandonware apps that never work right again. Just like getting a new PC OS and discovering some of your games don't work anymore. Nature of the beast, unfortunately.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
This is the fault of the devs of the applications, knowing they have had the SDK for months, they didn't prepare for the update. They should fix it soon but seriously, don't give up, ICS is much better on than Gingerbread. Only issue would be the flashing screen with the lock of the device.

Sent from my Xoom

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hope to have my nexus s on Monday, been a big htc fan for ages, but with all the issues I have had with my htc sensation, it has put me off htc all together. Have been also using a BB torch 9810 for a couple of months, but just can not get used to it, and find android so much easier in everything, so have sold the BB and have a nexus s waiting at a local store, ready to collect on Monday. Is the ICS update for all nexus s handsets, or is it just US handsets that are getting it. Mine will be a sim free UK GSM handset.

Cheers

jonsith709

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Hope to have my nexus s on Monday, been a big htc fan for ages, but with all the issues I have had with my htc sensation, it has put me off htc all together. Have been also using a BB torch 9810 for a couple of months, but just can not get used to it, and find android so much easier in everything, so have sold the BB and have a nexus s waiting at a local store, ready to collect on Monday. Is the ICS update for all nexus s handsets, or is it just US handsets that are getting it. Mine will be a sim free UK GSM handset.

Cheers

Got mine this week from the CPW ?199 sim free,a bargain, there was no update ready, but I did mine manually, see xda forums, loving ICS ;-)