Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

ROM
    Stock 4.03

Default Re: [GSM][NEXUS S][ICS 4.0.4] ICS 4.0.4 Update Available

Hey, skatedaddy, which carrier are you with? I live in England and have a stock Nexus S not locked to any carrier but with a locked bootloader and non-rooted. I updated to 4.03 at Xmas. Now I want to update OTA. Did you do it via Wifi?

If you have a different carrier (I'm currently on 3, but phone will work with any UK carrier) I may get a PAYG sime with data just to download the update.

Thanks for your help.

Iain

Thanks in advance for your help!

PS. Do you still have the OTA zip on your memory card? Would you be able to share via FTP or dropbox?

ROM
    Stock 4.03

Has anyone else in the UK has a 4.04 OTA update for Nexus S? If so, who was your carrier?

I'm currently on 3, but no joy!

Thank you

Iain

Nexus S (carrier unlocked)
    Locked Bootloader, non-rooted
    Running 4.03 OTA update

ROM
    Stock 4.03

If I cnt download the OTA update I'm thinking of gflashing the factory image for 4.04. As I'm in the UK, will this be alright? I'm worried that it's an american image and the radio etc will be different. I'm afraid I know very little about phones and firmware so thought I'd check with guys here first.

Acithium (above) says he/she flashed with th factory image and all was OK. I just can't tell if they are in the UK.

Thanks for your help. Sorry about the rash of posts but I cant PM anyone directly (preferred option) until I've done five.

The updates dont come from the carrier. They come from Google. Ive gotten updates over wifi and with no SIM installed.

It takes a few weeks for it to roll to everyone.

I no longer use my Nexus S as my primary phone but checked last week and there was no OTA. I turned it on today planning to try to figure out how to manually do the update but low and behold it notified me of the OTA for 4.0.4 so its updating right now. Can't wait to try it out and hope I don't have any glitches!

Sorry was out of the country - Im on T Mobile and i think the battery drain after the uopdate has been horrendous

Quote Originally Posted by skatedaddy View Post
    Sorry was out of the country - Im on T Mobile and i think the battery drain after the uopdate has been horrendous
    I think ICS is harder on my battery than Gingerbread was, but I haven't seen a notable difference between 4.0.3 and 4.0.4.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12