Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What to do with my free space...

Hello All,

I have stock ICS on my Nexus S and have customized my home screen to the point where I have everything I need/want on one panel. I use to have a bunch of widgets and I either didn't look at them very often or noticed they drained my battery a little too much. So here are my questions:

Is there an app (not a home replacement app) that can just give me one panel? I know like Launcher Pro can let you select how many screens you want but I want this on the stock screen.

If not, are there any like plain widgets that say something like "Nothing to do here..." or "Free Space?"

Any other suggestions?

Thanks everyone!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: What to do with my free space...

So you want everything on the lockscreen? Try widget locker.

If not I am not real clear on what you are looking for...could just be that it is late....

Quote Originally Posted by callison.168 View Post
    Hello All,

I have stock ICS on my Nexus S and have customized my home screen to the point where I have everything I need/want on one panel. I use to have a bunch of widgets and I either didn't look at them very often or noticed they drained my battery a little too much. So here are my questions:

Is there an app (not a home replacement app) that can just give me one panel? I know like Launcher Pro can let you select how many screens you want but I want this on the stock screen.

If not, are there any like plain widgets that say something like "Nothing to do here..." or "Free Space?"

Any other suggestions?

Thanks everyone!!
    Stock ICS launcher does not have an adjustable number of homescreens - you would need a different launcher for that. There are custom launcher based on the ICS launcher that look and feel the same, but have an adjustable number of homescreens - try Apex or Nova (both from the Market).

If you want to keep your current launcher, I think these might be the widget you're looking for:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xtwidget&hl=en
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...29tLnRUZXh0Il0.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hey! Thanks for the quick reply. No I like what I have on my screen. But with the stock launcher you get 5 screens. I just need to use one, but I don't want the other screens there. There's no point for my phone to allow me to swipe to the other screens because there is nothing on there. If it's impossible to get rid of those extra screens without a home replacement app, then I just want a widget to put on each screen that does nothing basically. I just want something there if I have to have it. But nothing battery intensive or meaningful. Weird, I know...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah I've tried Nova and I love what you can do with it, it just feels "heavy" still. That link is perfect! Exactly what I need. Thanks so much!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks again for your help guys. Here is how I set up my phone from left to right if you're curious...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What to do with my free space...-screenshot_2012-04-25-02-47-43.png   What to do with my free space...-screenshot_2012-04-25-02-47-47.png   What to do with my free space...-screenshot_2012-04-25-02-47-51.png   What to do with my free space...-screenshot_2012-04-25-02-47-55.png   What to do with my free space...-screenshot_2012-04-25-02-47-58.png  

Try Apex Launcher. I love it. Great customizations and it runs just as good as the stock launcher with extra features. You my be able to tell it to have only one screen, though if you just leave them blank and not use them, I don't see the harm in them being there.

Sent from my Nexus S using Android Central Forums