Nexus One vs. the Nexus S - Kind of disappointed

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Quite disappointing actually. Seems like its just a Galaxy S phone running Gingerbread. Maybe the rumors created a hype that was way beyond reality.

Also, I hope that the "No removable storage" is a typo. It does say 16GB built-in, but no removable? Doesn't seem to make much sense to not have any removable storage.

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Actually it seems like a downgrade in many ways from other Galaxy S phones, no bluetooth 3.0, no expandable storage. The only thing going for it is that it has gingerbread.

Would rather get the European Galaxy S (which is much better equipped) and hope that it get's gingerbread.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Its basically all the goodies from the unlocked and US carrier GSM variants and the CDMA versions. Like the GSM's large internal storage, FF cam and CDMA's camera flash-combined with proper Android implementation, ie: Google search and maps, and LED notification light.

Its basically the phone we could(should) have easily gotten months ago if carriers and manufacturers weren't so insistent on monkeying around with every Android phone that hits their lineup. I'm not disappointed at all, actually. Nothing about the phone is exciting because we've seen it all before-spread out on like 5 different device. Getting an Android device that delivers on everything is rare. I'd definitely pick one up if Verizon had a version.

and yes, I'm already aware that ain't happening. I'm not holding my breath for that one.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Yup, I agree completely. The S is disappointing.
* No dual processor
* Not running at 1.2GHz as we expected
* No SD card (WTF?)
* No BT 3.0
* Still stuck with only 512MB RAM.

Guess I'll stick with my N1

jaycop

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
You get a Galaxy S with no carrier or OEM crap loaded on, will be the first phone to get updates. Sounds pretty good to me

TrivialTweeter

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
No 720P video recording?? Disappointed.

I want this phone for the vanilla Android and direct Google updates, but feel that the hardware will be a bit behind the curve in a month or two when Tegra and other dual core CPUs hit the market. Guess I was hoping for the Orion SOC to be inside the Nexus S.

spiney

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't really see anything that would make me rush out and replace my Nexus One with this. If you have a G1 then this would definitely be a good upgrade.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
It's an Epic without a keyboard... Vibrant/Captivate/Fascinate with a front facing camera while looking a little more sexy... Don't see what the hoopla is about. I have to say it is massively disappointing. Not saying it's not gonna be a good phone, but DAMN it's disappointing. The N1 raised the bar for high end Android phones... What is the Nexus S doing?

durangojim#AC

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Not really a true next gen phone. If it was, it would have a sd slot, be dual core, and have a higher resolution screen. This seems more like a .5 release which maybe they should have called it nexus 1.5

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I'll be picking one up when it has AT&T bands. The
touchscreen alone is enough to make me jump ship.
I can't stand it on my Nexus. That's the main reason
I stopped using my Nexus. Swype is trying to save
it, but I've already used Swype and the regular kbs
on other devices and I was amazed at the difference.

I have to hold my hands flat under my phone so I can
type.