Samsung Google Nexus S and Gingerbread in the UK?

brodieduncan

Oct 7, 2010
about.me
We all know the Nexus S from Samsung & Google and also Gingerbread/Android 2.3 was unveiled today as being the first phone to run Gingerbread/Android 2.3, which was also unveiled today, obviously, this new device is coming to the UK on December 20th exclusively to Carphone Warehouse and Best Buy stores nationwide. (http://www.androidcentral.com/node/12569)
But, I haven't posted this here on the AC forums out of complete randomness, I have posted this to ask a few questions about the Nexus S and Gingerbread;
1) I currently have a Dell Streak running 2.1 and I'll be getting Froyo hopefully next week. When you think I'll be getting Gingerbread on my Streak?
2) Do you also think that ?550 or $863 is a bit much for an unlocked Nexus S? Even when the Nexus One was first available for delivery to the UK, it was only $500/?320 or so. So, do you think Carphone Warehouse is overcharging for an unlocked device?
3) I think the Nexus S does amazing and it runs STOCK GINGERBREAD so, you get updates first, also immediately and there is no OEM crap on it which makes me REALLY want to get one but, I'm currently tied down to a contract with O2 for my Streak. Is there any easy way I want be able to cancel that contract and switch to Vodafone or T-Mobile for a Nexus S?
4) The main carrier for the Nexus S in the UK is Vodafone likewise with the Nexus One but, a survey a few months ago showed that only 25% of the UK population, around 15 million people, can get a contract with Vodafone meaning Google/Samsung/Carphone Warehouse/whoever decides who gets the Nexus S carrier-wise has been VERY stupid because they cut the potential number of buyers by around 90%, lucky we also have T-Mobile, the US carrier of the Nexus S, providing it too. Do you also think that the Nexus S should be on all UK carriers like the iPhone so more people get amazing devices on the carrier of their preference not, Google/Samsung/Carphone Warehouse/whoever decides who gets the Nexus S carrier-wise's preference.
5) If I can cancel my contract, should I?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey