1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB v0.6.1 (D), CM7 (N)

Default First Nexus S review

The Nexus S gets a glowing review from the guys over at TechCrunch, who claim to have had and been using the device for the past few days. Here's the link:

What do you guys think?
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

First review I've ever seen that doesn't have pictures of the device that was "reviewed." Or much information that you couldn't get from the official releases.

Looks great. Im ordering it on one condition, Can i use it with AT&T 3G? Im located in Canada on Roger's so i hope they will ship it to me!!! If anyone know's if it will work with AT&T / Rogers 3G?!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB v0.6.1 (D), CM7 (N)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    First review I've ever seen that doesn't have pictures of the device that was "reviewed." Or much information that you couldn't get from the official releases.
    I have my doubts as well, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

That's exactly what I thought when first looking at it.

Anyway I am waiting to see how it rates in other reviews.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Lol...Phil is calling TechCrunch out. TechCrunch your turn for your rebuttal.

I thought the same exact thing when I read it this morning.
    Current Device: HTC Glacier (MT4G)
    Rooted, Overclocked to 1.8Ghz
    Running Gingerbread 2.3.1

ROM
    The Base .5

Quote Originally Posted by kertesd View Post
    Looks great. Im ordering it on one condition, Can i use it with AT&T 3G? Im located in Canada on Roger's so i hope they will ship it to me!!! If anyone know's if it will work with AT&T / Rogers 3G?!
    From official Nexus S site:

Connectivity

Quad-band GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900
    Tri-band HSPA: 900, 2100, 1700
    HSPA type: HSDPA (7.2Mbps) HSUPA (5.76Mbps)

AT&T uses 850 & 1900 3G bands, so no AT&T love on the Nexus S (yet).

ROM
    AOKP

I dont think the nexus S has the wow factor like the nexus one did i mean a "pure" google phone is always good but im just saying i kinda feel liike its a galaxy S phone
    nothing nothing nothing

ROM
    Bonsai4All V3.0.1

It pretty much is a Galaxy S phone. which makes it that much worse that most of the other Galaxy S phones don't even have (official) froyo yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1e View Post
    It pretty much is a Galaxy S phone. which makes it that much worse that most of the other Galaxy S phones don't even have (official) froyo yet.
    Outside the US they do, officially. Or like here in Japan, launched WITH 2.2 out of the box.

Ohhhh yay...the Nexus S! Hey Samsung...where the heck is Froyo on my Fascinate?

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

The Engadget review this morning was somewhat better though still preview. But many photos and a short video. I'm sure the reviews will all trickle in eventually even on here at Android Central.

I think when we all get 2.3 on our Nexus One models, we'll feel better. But if it's slow as molasses we'll be crying here in the forums.