I don't mean to nitpick, but...

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
If the Nexus One is referred to as the 'Google Nexus One', shouldn't the Nexus S be referred to as the 'Google Nexus S'? Or vice versa, 'HTC Nexus One' and 'Samsung Nexus S'? Just trying to keep things consistent. :p
attachment.php

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Thats actually an interesting point you brought up there, I never really thought about that until now. Curious, seeing as how this is Google's next generation Dev phone.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps they did it with the first one to help establish brand recognition but since they are vastly more popular paying for more graphics was something they could simply drop.

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps they did it with the first one to help establish brand recognition but since they are vastly more popular paying for more graphics was something they could simply drop.
Actually, I was referring to the forum names. I'm pretty sure that it is being marketed, in fact, as the Google Nexus S, since Google is doing all of the advertising and very little of it refers to Samsung.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I've actually seen this advertised as "Samsung Google Nexus S" as well, but Google seems to be advertising it simply as "Nexus S with Google"

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
You guys are making my head hurt. :p

We're going to stick with Samsung Nexus S. Whereas HTC was a silent OEM on the N1, Samsung's out in the open on this one. (That and I just don't wanna change it.)

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I agree this is confusing and I don't know why samsung needs recognition. Htc never did and they still had their logo on the back of the nexus one. Their name is on it anyway and everyone knows samsung made it. Oh well.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Bumpy bump, we should has it be called Google Nexus S, regardless if Samsung acknowledges it, they have no say after it is available for purchase. If Google decided to, they could make your GPS stop working, that wasn't Samsung, that was Google.

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant