1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Default Nexus S Phone Launch on "Appointment Basis"

Just called my local Best Buy (San Bruno, CA) and inquired about the Nexus S (T-Mobile,on-contract) launch and they said they are doing it on an "appointment basis", signed me up for a 9am appointment, and guaranteed me an phone. So call your local Best Buy!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by anndrewww View Post
    Just called my local Best Buy (San Bruno, CA) and inquired about the Nexus S (T-Mobile,on-contract) launch and they said they are doing it on an "appointment basis", signed me up for a 9am appointment, and guaranteed me an phone. So call your local Best Buy!
    Im pretty sure this is just a sales tactic. We were trained to do this for financial advising. Its a way of getting you committed. They make they consumer feel like there is scarcity and that things are limited, and by asking you to make an appointment it raises the chances that you will actually show up for the product. I would bet that someone who doesnt have an appointment could walk in and is likely to get the same services and someone with an appointment.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Yea, but that doesn't matter. Because when I get there at 9 I am guaranteed a phone. I rather have a sure thing at 9 thanks to a "sales tactic" than go rush to be there at 8 am thinking I could be SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Im pretty sure this is just a sales tactic. We were trained to do this for financial advising. Its a way of getting you committed. They make they consumer feel like there is scarcity and that things are limited, and by asking you to make an appointment it raises the chances that you will actually show up for the product. I would bet that someone who doesnt have an appointment could walk in and is likely to get the same services and someone with an appointment.
    I was just going to say this. I worked for a company and that was one of their big tactics. And it works... I always felt scummy pulling that crap but it worked.

I just called mine as I have become good friends with one of the mobile workers and as advertised it's a first come first serve basis.