Does the Nexus S have the Galaxy S Gps issue?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Just curious if anyone would know.

well it will be available for purchase in a couple hours so we will find out soon.....but strongly believe that it will be fine, because the gps issue was a software issue possibly happening from samsungs tinkering. so most likely it will be fine since minimum tinkering is happening with this phone besides the hardware to software interface

radiohead8989

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I purchased the Nexus S today at 8:00AM at my local Best Buy Mobile. I was the fifth person to purchase it, and there were two more people behind me. I paid full price, so it was fairly fast.
I used the GPS to get to my next stop, which was about 50 minutes away. GPS lock only took a few seconds. I had zero problems during my trip. This doesn't prove that the problem has been fixed, but so far so good.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I read that Giz article too. If you look at their other Android reviews they are hugely biased to the iPhone. I haven't liked Gizmodo since that stupid iPhone 4 went missing at the bar. Since then their journalism skills have taken a serious hit. I'm glad to hear the device doesn't have the problem. I wouldn't think it would since it's a Google Nexus.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
GPS Issue

anandtech.com's report says there is no GPS issue. I found another review on a UK site that backed it up, but I can't find the website at the moment. (It's on my home PC).

_Mark

retnuh

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Remember, the Captivate worked fine right out of the box. It took about two weeks for the problems to become obvious. Hopefully it is fixed, but it's probably too soon to tell.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
So far I can't get a lock even outside with a clear view of the sky. I guess I'll be exchanging the phone.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I spoke too soon. I did get a lock eventually. It now seems to get the lock a little quicker. Maybe the first time you get a GPS lock on a phone it takes longer the subsequent tries?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Why the hell are you on Gizmodo? Go to Engadget. They are not as biased, and they don't complain "power button is on the side, that just sucks" a lot of people like it on the side, it makes more sense to put it on the side, no they are just used to tweeting on their stupid iPhone 5 that they found in a Starbucks. In other words, my GPS got me and my buddies from Lehigh Acres to Cape Coral, without a hitch. Rerouting was blazing fast and it already came with the proper software for the voice navigation.

Sent from my Nexus S

Reactions: anon(27512)

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Why the hell are you on Gizmodo? Go to Engadget. They are not as biased, and they don't complain "power button is on the side, that just sucks" a lot of people like it on the side, it makes more sense to put it on the side, no they are just used to tweeting on their stupid iPhone 5 that they found in a Starbucks. In other words, my GPS got me and my buddies from Lehigh Acres to Cape Coral, without a hitch. Rerouting was blazing fast and it already came with the proper software for the voice navigation.

Sent from my Nexus S

+1,000 for the Gizmodo hate. I have NO idea what happened to that site. It's like after that whole iPhone 4 fiasco they turned into d!cks. The articles suck, and the journalism skills just aren't there. Oh and biased is an understatement.

They review an android app "well but the on the iPhone version this button is here". They review an android phone "well, android still sucks in comparison to my iPhone but it's Meh I guess"

Not everyone wants an iPhone. Some people actually want MORE features.

/rant /off-topic.

sorry guys I had to get it off my chest lol.