Nexus S app storage?

Grimmy

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
My main (and possibly only) problem with the Nexus One is it's meagre 512MB of App storage - This is getting better as more apps support SD install but I was happy to hear the Nexus S would have 16GB of internal storage.

I was assuming this would all be available for App installs, but today I was listening to this weeks episode of "This Week in Google" and Leo Laporte was saying it only had 1GB of app storage? Does anyone know if this is true? and does that mean the remaining memory appears as an SD card?

Now 1GB is certainly better than 512MB, but still a little disappointing if true.

(P.S. I know some will say "just root your phone", but I'm not really up for that right now).

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
From reviews out there this device is flying and apps open up super quickly and better than any other android phone out there. I am not all that big on rooting either.

Dexter73

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
It is my understanding that it is 1 or 2gb for internal storage for apps and that the remaining USB storage is for everything else. I did see a review which shows that if the developer wants to the application can be saved in USB storage. This is similar to Apps2SD except no SD card.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
1. The N1 had 512MB total for internal storage. Only 200MB was there for apps, the rest for the system partition

2. The NS looks like it actually has 2GB for internal storage; with 1GB for apps. I only say this because in some of the videos I've seen, the "SD" storage is 14GB....

3. the 14GB, while still part of the internal memory, is a partition separate from the 2GB. So to Android, there are two drives; 2GB internal and 14GB as an SD card. So apps that support "move to SD", will still install there. When you connect your phone to your PC, you will mount the "SD" card, and will see 14GB as a drive on your PC.

Basically, 14 of the 16GB of the Nexus S behave exactly as an SD card.

Reactions: Grimmy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34