Installing .apk without an SD card

sixhoursago

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Hello.

I am new to Android. Any steps I'm finding to install non-Market applications involve an SD card, and any app installer applications I've tried seem to want an SD card, too. The Nexus S doesn't use SD, and moving .apk files to the USB storage volume via Mac OS' Finder doesn't seem to cut it. Screenshot

But I came to these forums via Get the new Android Market on your new Nexus S | Android Central and that post's statement of, "Hit the Nexus S forums and you can grab the apk file, just install it like any other application." So I'd imagine it's easier than I'm making it.

Is there something I'm missing along the way? If someone can chime in with some tips I'll be much obliged.

Thanks.

Reactions: blitz118

sixhoursago

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately I have no idea what you mean by "move to internal usb storage." but not to worry. After installing the Dropbox app, the folders from my former screenshot appear under ./sdcard in an app installer. And so, I've gotten it to work.

Thanks for helping out. :)

EAli

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
So you're saying that the internal memory be used to install .apk files WITHOUT market apps like Dropbox? Because I'll be using the phone in a place where the Android Market is not available. Thanks.

nexus s user

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I am new to android. I need to know how can i install .apk files from my pc to samnsung nexus.
I tried copying it but i dont see it in my phone!!!!!
Also which App installer i need to download
Can i download an App installer on my pc and then copy files and movies from my pc to my phone

I know i may be sounding insane but please help!!!

Grimmy

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I use Dropbox to install .apk files that I have downloaded on my computer. (I used to do this on my Nexus One too)

Install the Dropbox client on your Computer and the Dropbox App from the Android market on your phone. You can then just copy any apk files into your Dropbox and then open them directly on the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12