Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Nexus S multi touch issues

Another reason to want to hate the Nexus S? Well... how about the fact that multi touch is still not working? At least while charging... I was charging my Nexus S tonight and while I was using it, I noticed the menus were stuttering and jumping, I did a multi touch test and found that is was jumping, I disconnected the device and boom, multi touch starts working again, I have not a single clue if it is my device or if it is an issue itself. Can anyone test? By the way, I have no idea how I didn't spot this sooner.

Video proof? Sure, took it with my fully functional multi touch enabled Samsung Vibrant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSdTvhhHzJQ

EDIT: A full factory reset fixed this, still, happening to any of you?
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

last night i played angry birds and typed on facebook for about an hour with it plugged and havent noticed anything. so did the reset fix it 100%?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hasn't happened again, as of now though... I am having GPS issues.

Sent from my Nexus S
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

You gotta realize the Nexus S just came out so there will probably be a lot of links and hardware issues that need to be worked out.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

This is not a Nexus S or a Samsung thing,,,this happens with the OG Droid my father has and it happened with my Droid X and now with my Fascinate. Using your phone while plugged in causes stuttering, whether it be the scrolling or texting ever android device that i have ever touched while charging is not as responsive.
    Low

its a bad charger or unstable charging voltage