Reporting Issues to Google

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Here's a quick list of reports made to Google. Please visit the links and star the problem. For more details, read below the list.

0) Request for Custom Auto Corrections: Custom Auto Corrections

1) Random ringtone/notification tone changes: Ringtones assigned to contacts do not maintain assignment after a reboot

2) Disappearing App icons on the home screen or difficulty in moving them: Disappearing Home Screen Icons

3) Disappearing photos from the Gallery:
Issue 13419 - android - New pictures disappear in Gallery - Project Hosting on Google Code

4) Repeal the 15-min return policy in App Market (it used to be 24 hours): Issue 13116 - android - Change refund time in Market. 15min is way to little. - Project Hosting on Google Code

5) Accelerometer not working after using Sky Maps: Nexus S-Accelerometer will not work after using Sky Maps

6) Home screen scrolling lag/issues: Home Screen lag, freeze, hiccups

7) NFC option displays "an error occurred" when toggling on/off check in 'Wireless & Network Settings' menu: NFC "an error occurred"

8) Gingerbread Stock Keyboard Glitch: double letters: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=14755 (I demonstrate the problem in this YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUZdvr6Pdjk

Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORE DETAILS:
There are many things Google and Gingerbread get right, however there are still inevitably issues. Please post them here, and if you get a chance, report them to Google here: Issues - android - Project Hosting on Google Code. After doing so, we can use this thread to link the created issue to get other people who are experiencing it also to go and star it, so that more attention is brought to Google.

My two biggest and most frustrating issues are that my ringtones (including alarms, contact specific ringtones, etc) change randomly. Anyone else experiencing this? An issue was created by someone over at XDA already, and can be found here: Issue 13413 - android - Ringtones assigned to contacts do not maintain assignment after a reboot. - Project Hosting on Google Code . Please visit it and star it if you are experiencing this as well with your ringtones.

Secondly, I notice sometimes my pictures taken with the phone's camera disappears from the Gallery, without me editing or deleting them. I reported this issue here: Issue 13419 - android - New pictures disappear in Gallery - Project Hosting on Google Code. So, again, if anyone is having similar issues, please visit the link and star it.

In general, report all issues to Google, and then share that report here. Let issues be known. If it's a widespread problem across Gingerbread and many users, and enough attention is brought to it, Google should address it in future updates.

Thanks.

Last edited:

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got my EVO 2 days ago...in the "setting" in the market i checked the box, so i am notified when there is an update for one of my APPS....but im not geting any notification at all....i noticed it when there was an update for the GOOGLE MAPS. and another syste app that i have

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I just got my EVO 2 days ago...in the "setting" in the market i checked the box, so i am notified when there is an update for one of my APPS....but im not geting any notification at all....i noticed it when there was an update for the GOOGLE MAPS. and another syste app that i have

You EVO is running stock Gingerbread 2.3? If so, please report your issues to Google via the link I provided. It's the only way to get their attention to it.

If not, this thread is specifically about Gingerbread 2.3. Thanks.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Definitely starred the 15 minute refund window. I'm really hoping that Google sees how much negative taste this has put in a lot of our mouths. Some argue it's better than having no refund window, and yes, it is...but when you go from 24 hours to 15 minutes, that's a bit much.

Let's hope this grows enough.

IceBone

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The one that annoys me the most is contact sync. Most HDPI phones use contact photo resolutions of at last 320x320 pixels (sense phones even higher), but Google automatically resizes them to 96x96 during sync so they end up looking horrible. This issue has been reported many times over the past year and more (sorry for not posting any links, I'm posting this from my phone and just can't be arsed), but Google has done nothing to fix the issue. I've kept contact sync off ever since I got my desire in march for this very reason. I'm a photographer, I've taken all of the photos I use for the contacts and I just refuse to use a downsized, horribly compressed version of them. I want to keep my contacts synced, though, so I hope they fix this issue soon...

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
A smart fella at XDA recently found a temporary solution to the Ringtone changing issue:

Simply create a folder named Ringtones in your Media folder (should be system/media/audio/ringtones) then dump whatever custom ringtones you want in there. This should prevent the partitioning from forgetting that you assigned specific ringtones to contacts, phone call, and alarms.

Tried and works so far. However, don't hesitate to still visit my link and star the reported issue so Google will have a more official fix in future updates.

Last edited:

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Definitely starred the 15 minute refund window. I'm really hoping that Google sees how much negative taste this has put in a lot of our mouths. Some argue it's better than having no refund window, and yes, it is...but when you go from 24 hours to 15 minutes, that's a bit much.

Let's hope this grows enough.

Do you mean this? Issue 13116 - android - Change refund time in Market. 15min is way to little. - Project Hosting on Google Code If so, I've starred it as well. Seems like there is a lot of attention brought to it. Excellent.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
New issue: Disappear icons. Anyone else experiencing difficult to move app icons on their home screen; and sometimes app icons just disappearing altogether when attempting to move/reposition them on your home screens?

I filed a report to Google: Issue 13434 - android - Disappearing Home Screen Icons - Project Hosting on Google Code If you're also experiencing this, please visit the link and star, so more attention is brought to Google.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yep that's exactly the issue I am referring to. Google has been (for the most part) pretty good at addressing issues that have been widely reported in the past. So my fingers are crossed.

Indeed. Unfortunately, the latest issues/glitches with Gingerbread are not getting enough attention, despite being shared by others (many XDA members report more or less the same issues - can't be a coincidence).

Gingerbread is glitchy. Here's a new one: disappearing app icons in the home screen when trying to reposition app icons. Anyone else experiencing it?

Reactions: luisaleperozodroid

sifriheavy

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You Should

BUMP

Hey onthecouchagain,

I believe you should enumerate nexus S problems editing your main post here in this thread, in order of greater importance to lower importance, something like:

1) icons disappearing
2) ringtones changing randomly
3) blablabla
4) yada yada yada

I dont know, I believe users getting here would get faster on whats going on with the nexus S, I even believe this could help any google dev searching the web for this kind of threads.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Folks, please visit this link if you are having any issues with stock Android (glitches, etc.) to report them to Google.

Reporting issues to Google: Issues - android - Project Hosting on Google Code.

Here's a list of reports made so far of the glitches I'm experiencing. Please visit them and star them so that more attention is brought to Google in the hopes of a future update and fixes.

1) Random ringtone/notification tone changes: Ringtones assigned to contacts do not maintain assignment after a reboot

2) Disappearing App icons on the home screen or difficulty in moving them: Disappearing Home Screen Icons

3) Disappearing photos from the Gallery:
Issue 13419 - android - New pictures disappear in Gallery - Project Hosting on Google Code

4) Repeal the 15-min return policy in App Market (it used to be 24 hours): Issue 13116 - android - Change refund time in Market. 15min is way to little. - Project Hosting on Google Code

Please make more reports and link them here.

(Good idea Sif)

Last edited:

luisaleperozodroid

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi im new here... i just want a little bit of help.. cause my nexus s perform almost in a perfect way... but sometimes the home screen lags, its weird.. it becomes slow and i dont know why cause i have a lot of space in the internal storage yet. so anyone has the same problem with the nexus s? i need help! i'll appreciate it

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
@luisalperozodroid
Hi im new here... i just want a little bit of help.. cause my nexus s perform almost in a perfect way... but sometimes the home screen lags, its weird.. it becomes slow and i dont know why cause i have a lot of space in the internal storage yet. so anyone has the same problem with the nexus s? i need help! i'll appreciate it

I posted a answer that might help. Look at it in my forum with the poll. Find it in the forums because it is not letting me post a link. Thanks tell me if it helps!

Last edited:

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
How's this for a problem...

When on a call and you're on battery power using either the speaker phone or the supplied earbuds, after the screen times out (goes to black) there is no way to bring the screen back. If you press the power button, your call is disconnected. This is not an issue when the phone is on the charger or if you're just holding the phone up to your ear, but when you're on battery power using the earbuds or speakerphone, it's a BIG issue.

I was on a 3-way conference call today on the battery using the earbuds that are supplied with the phone. At the end of the call, I wanted to drop one of the parties but I couldn't get my screen to come back on. When I pressed the power button, I disconnected everyone.

I reported it to Samsung's Level 3 dedicated support for the Nexus S and they have opened a "severe" trouble ticket. Hopefully this can be addressed quickly.

UPDATE: I just reported this to Google as recommended: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=13556

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey