Is the Nexus S a scratch magnet?

egginator

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I just want to know before I go out and buy an invisible shield or something for it because they're supposed to be ridiculously hard to put on.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I just want to know before I go out and buy an invisible shield or something for it because they're supposed to be ridiculously hard to put on.

im not a huge fan of the invisible shield i find the Generic scratch protectors are alot better smoother , cheaper, and easier to put on.

i feel that invisible shield besides being difficult to put on and crazy expensive, they do not let your finger glide as easy if there is a little moisture your fingers get stuck.

as far as your post, i dont know because i dont own the Nexus S, i know it doesnt have gorilla glass like the galaxy phones so it most likely prone to more scratches...

oh one more thing, do not get the anti-glare protectors because it pixelates the screen and really takes away from the gorgeous SAMOLED screen

Reactions: egginator

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Don't get the invisible shield because I did and it blurs a lot of the screen. It is so annoying! I would take it off but I scratch my screens a lot and it wasn't free. I recommend getting a regular screen protector because the invisible shield just blurs the screen and angers me!

KU Kitch

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
The back maybe, but the front doesn't seem to be. May not be gorilla glass like my Vibrant, but it seems pretty sturdy thus far. I personally hate those screen protectors because they don't feel natural, and maybe I'm too daring, but I don't like the feel or the look

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus One screen has seemed pretty tough with no scratches. I don't baby it, dropped it face down a few times and have no protector. Even regular glass is pretty durable. The curved screen on the Nexus S should be even more protected since the main screen is recessed from the top and bottom.

arisenfury

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I find it hard to imagine the front getting scratched easily. The back is very easily scratched however, I've got tons of micro scratches already just from my pocket.

miniZ

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Slipped out of my lap two feet and scratched up the whole back side. My N1 never did that. Bought a case from Best Buy, it seems to come up high enough to keep the screen from hitting the ground too. Screen left alone and my back is not going to get scratched any more. Now awaiting replacement battery covers.

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I find it hard to imagine the front getting scratched easily. The back is very easily scratched however, I've got tons of micro scratches already just from my pocket.

This is true. The back cover scratches quite easily.

As far as the Invisishield being hard to put on, the sellers (including Best Buy) usually offer "installation" for about $5 or so. I don't like the texture it gives the touch screen, but it might be worth looking into for the rest of the body of the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke