Nexus S restarting during calls

Grimmy

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Just started using my Nexus S yesterday, and today I made about 6 calls, 4 of which, the phone rebooted during the call.

Trying to determine if this is a software issue or a hardware problem before I send it back. Anyone else had this issue?

Grimmy

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I factory reset and started it without registering my Google Account and made several test calls without issue.

So i've reset it again, and am gradually installing apps. It's been fine so far, but if it happens again, it will be winging it's way back to Carphone Warehouse. I've noticed a few people on the XDA forums are also having the same issue.

It did get the OTA update about 30 mins after I first set it up, it was in the middle of restoring all my apps - perhaps something went screwy after that?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Nothing to start worrying about... Yet.
What you should do is run that bad boy constantly right now to see if it has any other issues. Turn it on and off to see how it operates.

Note; You still have 29 days to return or exchange the phone.

Grimmy

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
In the UK we only get 14 days to return :( (although I still have a few days left).

I haven't really noticed any other issues during usage except for sometimes the back button decides not to light for a few seconds.

miniZ

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Never had the issue, saw your post. In a conversation and BOOM mine does this. I am here to tell you, that.. mine uhh did it too.

Dieter Bohn

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
Add me to the list of people who have had the Nexus S reset itself in the middle of a call. Not sure if I can' pin it to any one thing - called via Google Voice and was using a Bluetooth headset, for what that's worth.

Was hoping to depend on / make the Nexus S my main phone for CES. This doesn't fill me with happy thoughts.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the list of people who have had the Nexus S reset itself in the middle of a call. Not sure if I can' pin it to any one thing - called via Google Voice and was using a Bluetooth headset, for what that's worth.

Was hoping to depend on / make the Nexus S my main phone for CES. This doesn't fill me with happy thoughts.
I'm wondering if we can now official say that the Nexus S have a "Reset" issue, or we need to hear from more members having the same problem.

iandouglas

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had random reboots using Pandora, but none while making calls.

And almost always, these spontaneous reboots seem to have trouble reading "USB Storage" afterward, for finding photos/music. So whenever a reboot happens, I manually reboot a second time, and then everything works just fine.

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I have to toss this out. I had a similar problem when I first got my Milestone. Telus finally resolved it with network changes. They said it was an issue in moving from Blackberry to Android. Possibility anyone?

/Now I have to go post this to my thread
//Took 3 tries before I found a tech who could solve it.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
SO let's try to see why. Dieter said he was using BT and GVoice. IIRC Dieter also has HSPA in his neck of the woods.

I don't use BT, but do use GVoice. Also no high speed network within 50 miles, and most calls are while running WiFi.

JayPhill89

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
random reboots

This is a known issue with all Galaxy S phones. Some people speculate the phone reboots when the phone switches towers while talking on the phone and moving. I've had the phone reboot when I turned off GPS as it was trying to get a lock.

ScooterG

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
This is a known issue with all Galaxy S phones. Some people speculate the phone reboots when the phone switches towers while talking on the phone and moving. I've had the phone reboot when I turned off GPS as it was trying to get a lock.

On day 4 with my Nexus S and had my first reset today. WiFi on and connected, in an HSPA+ area, BT off, GPS on, using Google Voice. I've had a Vibrant since day one and never had or heard about this issue.

amason

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this problem too.

Just made four calls in a row and each one the phone reset, full boot screen and reload. I'm very unhappy about this.

No bluetooth.
WIFI and GPS enabled but not connected.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I believe this problem is related to a software issue. Those who are affected with the reset bug should make a complaint to either their carrier, or to the manufacturing company(in my own opinion).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci