Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Jalarm's Avatar

    Posts
    809 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default New Android Market for Nexus S.

    Anyone get the new Android market yet? I am surprised out of all the devices the Nexus S doesn't have it yet.
  2. #2  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jalarm View Post
    Anyone get the new Android market yet? I am surprised out of all the devices the Nexus S doesn't have it yet.
    Try this

    settings>applications>manage applications>market
    clear cache and uninstall updates.
    reopen market and it will ask you to accept the agreement.
    reboot your device and open and close the market a couple times hopefully it will search for the newest updates since you uninstalled the old ones.

    please let me know if this worked for you
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. #3  
    Baconator's Avatar
    AC Adviser

    Posts
    1,024 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Try this

    settings>applications>manage applications>market
    clear cache and uninstall updates.
    reopen market and it will ask you to accept the agreement.
    reboot your device and open and close the market a couple times hopefully it will search for the newest updates since you uninstalled the old ones.

    please let me know if this worked for you
    TOO MUCH FOR ME! I am just going to stick with the old one. There is nothing wrong with it and it works good. Thanks though.
  4. #4  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    TOO MUCH FOR ME! I am just going to stick with the old one. There is nothing wrong with it and it works good. Thanks though.
    how is that to much for you bacon, it takes maybe 30 seconds at most. lol
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  5. #5  
    Baconator's Avatar
    AC Adviser

    Posts
    1,024 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

    Default

    Ik but I am lazy. Lol
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    Ik but I am lazy. Lol
    It probably took longer to type that reply then to do it lol
  7. #7  
    pathfinder3's Avatar

    Posts
    104 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightly

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Try this

    settings>applications>manage applications>market
    clear cache and uninstall updates.
    reopen market and it will ask you to accept the agreement.
    reboot your device and open and close the market a couple times hopefully it will search for the newest updates since you uninstalled the old ones.

    please let me know if this worked for you
    I may be a bit of a n00b when it concerns Android, but I couldn't/didn't see Uninstall updates.
  8. #8  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pathfinder3 View Post
    I may be a bit of a n00b when it concerns Android, but I couldn't/didn't see Uninstall updates.
    You dont see it like this?

    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  9. #9  
    mab4285's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,218 Global Posts

    Default

    I didn't see it either....
  10. #10  
    Baconator's Avatar
    AC Adviser

    Posts
    1,024 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

    Default

    Neither did i
  11. #11  

    Default

    Mine is still running the old market, had it for over a week now and nothing. Surely it should have been pushed out by now? I've tried the 'checkin' method, and I've even installed the new market via apk...but for some reason, it reverts back to the original after a few hours.

    I'm running 2.3.1, as well.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions