Answer: Why there is no HD recording!

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I did my research and I found out why the Nexus S does not have 720p recording. This is going to sound crazy but it is what I have found through my research. The Nexus One does not have 720p recording and neither does the Nexus S.
What do both of those phones have in common? THEY ARE STOCK ANDROID!
I found out that stock Android does not have HD recording because it does not support it. This is not to say to say that is won't in the future, but for now it doesn't. The reason other phones have HD recording is because the manufacturer (Samsung, HTC, Motorola, LG, Sony, Dell, etc....) puts a software on the phone that makes it capable of this HD recording. The Nexus S' camera IS capable of HD recording but the stock Android doesn't let it. So tell me your thoughts on this. You think what I have found is wrong? Tell me what you think about this.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Why would they. That's not their d goal. Their goal is to make a solid bones structure so that they can market it as customizable. To their customers. They say, here is android paint as you see fit. They are not sitting around thinking oh I wish verizon and at&t would leave android alone. Adding HD anyhting doesnt leave room for someone to sell a low end phone without hd. They need tio keep it open

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
More about low to high end hardware. Because not all phones will do HD just vause you add it to a rom

Gone24

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I think this will be fixed in Honeycomb, seeing that the Motorola XOOM shoots in 720p. So hopefully we won't have to wait too long for HD recording!!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah But xoom is not pure google. If they add that to pure then its no longer universal. It will specify it to devices with 720p

Gone24

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure the Xoom is pure google. I know I am quoting this interview a lot but at D: Dive into Mobile, Andy said that this is basically the device that honeycomb was design on. If I am not mistaken his exact words was "This is the device everyone had on their desk every morning"..

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Maybe they will add hd but it doesnt lend itself tio being universal to all devices

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
The Xoom is pure Google. Well Google can keep making phones with subpar cameras, features, and video recording. All I know is that I will not be buying them. I don't buy $600 smartphones just so I can brag its a pure Google phone.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Reactions: Teddy Bruckshut

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Well that's the whole point they want you to buy higher end stuff..and by the way if any one listened to the podcast this morning honeycomb is just for tablets
The Xoom is pure Google. Well Google can keep making phones with subpar cameras, features, and video recording. All I know is that I will not be buying them. I don't buy $600 smartphones just so I can brag its a pure Google phone.

Gone24

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I think that you are talking about the android central podcast. Non offense but that podcast doesn't confirm anything. Until I hear from google that honeycomb is tablet only I will not believe anything else. Until then I am going with what was said by Andy in D: Dive into mobile..

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I think that you are talking about the android central podcast. Non offense but that podcast doesn't confirm anything. Until I hear from google that honeycomb is tablet only I will not believe anything else. Until then I am going with what was said by Andy in D: Dive into mobile..

The podcast that was put up this morning which was a round table from all The SmartPhone Experts network. it is posted on the articles section and the podcast can be listened to from TCPJ site

falconeight

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

I did and will as long as they are offered. I don't need a friend widget, or a radio widget, or a fortune cookie widget, or any other widget that just sit on my phone like an eye sore. And I def. don't need an operating system on top of my operating system which is already on top of an operating system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC