Facebook Android Staying Awake?

panzerjedi

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone noticing that the Facebook app keeps the phone awake? I've turned off all notifications settings in the app.

Oddly, this didn't start happening until the last three days. I've had a Nexus S since 12/26.

pathfinder3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I have that same problem. I opened FB and let it sit and my device went to sleep. I checked my battery usage and FB only uses a small percentage (as opposed to Display, Voice calls, Cell standby, etc).

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
There was a bug back over the summer last year that made facebook kill your battery really fast. But now I have no problems with it.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't have any issue with my facebook app. You should uninstall and reinstall the app, or clear Data and Cache in menu _ settings _ applications _ manage application _ Facebook. Also, tap uninstall updates as well.

panzerjedi

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Uninstalling noLED seems to have fixed the battery drain caused by the Facebook app. Weird that noLED would cause that, since I only turned it on once to see what how it would handle the notification. After that I turned it off but didn't uninstall it.

Bangarang

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I had this exact same problem! I would check to see what was draining my battery, and Facebook was draining it the most. Like you, it recently started happening. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling Facebook, as well as turning auto-refresh off.

Seems to be okay now.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Try logging off of chat.

Facebook main menu > Chat > menu botton > Go Offline.

That fixed it for me as it was KILLING my battery life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol