Theory: Visibility of the touch sensitive buttons

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, this is just a thought, and nothing more. But you know how the touch sensitive buttons on the NS are hard to see when they are not lit up? Sure it gets on my nerves and i know it gets on others nerves, but do you think Google made them like that for Honeycomb? so when or if the NS gets Honeycomb they will possibly disable the touch sensitive buttons, because they want buttons on the screen rather than hardware buttons in 3.0. Again just a thought.

smileman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
or it was done for design purposes.

the ergonomic claims about the big booty and curves of screen are comical.

somebody in marketing thought the Nexus S would sell better to the testosterone set if it was shaped like a dark, mysterious bootylicious babe.

Grimmy

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I never understood what the issue was of not being able to see them when they aren't lit up... Mine are lit up whenever the screen is on, which is the only time I ever need to press them?

Reactions: big_time2

Gone24

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I was think the same thing lol. That they would disable them once honeycomb gets released for phones.

And I agree with @ Grimmy I never understood that as well!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I think the decision to not silk-screen them white was an aesthetic one, not one for future functionality. With the blackness of the SAMOLED display, when the buttons are off the face of the phone is essentially one smooth black slab. Very sleek, and very cool.