Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Nexus S, Honeycomb, and the touch sensitive buttons.

Do you think google will actually just cancel out touch sensitive buttons all together or give you a choice when it comes to phones. I think having a home button on the screen and also a back and menu button would just take up app room, and not fit the screen very well. Other thoughts?

It will be up to the manufacturer whether a phone has hard inputs. The android approach has always been to give manufacturers and consumers choices.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

No, what I am saying this with the NS it will feel "weird" having those buttons there but they would be unusable and just not needed.

What I'm saying is they'll be usable but not necessary.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Oh I see. Sorry for confusion.

Kind of like the trackball/trackpad on a lot of current phones, I would imagine.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Jalarm View Post
    Do you think google will actually just cancel out touch sensitive buttons all together or give you a choice when it comes to phones. I think having a home button on the screen and also a back and menu button would just take up app room, and not fit the screen very well. Other thoughts?
    Nobody knows because we haven't seen the phone version yet.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

That's why I said "do you think"

I think when honey comb comes to ns, the menu button would perform as the multitask button on xoom.

Honestly I think Android phones could do with less haptic buttons. It totally gets in the way of gaming and ergonomics. 1 or 2 physical buttons to take you home/back would be sweet.