How to assign "Me" photo shown in Messaging

Flakie

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I guess that I must be missing something obvious here. Apologies if the issue has been covered elsewhere, but I haven't found anything by searching forums or Google.

How can I set the photo of "Me" that is shown in the Messaging app on my Nexus S? I don't see a setting on the phone, and it doesn't pick up the photos from either my Google account or Google Apps account.

Thanks.

Set My Number in Android when it is Unknown:

Anyone that needs to do this go to the market and download an app called:

"My Phone Number" by Lytsing

It works :)

Also, this does write it to the sim and is not just some software hack. I tested by putting the sim in another phone without the app installed and My Number is now visible (as is my pic in the messaging app).

Last edited:

Flakie

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded, but not installing.......i guess font is right, maybe only a rooted device can install it.

Sorry this may be the case, looking at the authors notes.
My phone (ZTE Blade/ Orange SF) has both a replacement ROM and is rooted. Is this not possible with the Nexus S?

acehomey

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, first post.

I use gmail as my contacts manager (I don't save to phone memory or SIM card) so what I did to get the "Me" photo showing was add my phone number to my contact info since my google account has a pic.

dadds27

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone, first post.

I use gmail as my contacts manager (I don't save to phone memory or SIM card) so what I did to get the "Me" photo showing was add my phone number to my contact info since my google account has a pic.

first - welcome to the forum!

second - i added a bunch of info to my contact info in gmail including a pic and my phone number but its still not showing?

acehomey

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
first - welcome to the forum!

second - i added a bunch of info to my contact info in gmail including a pic and my phone number but its still not showing?

Thanks!

Try pressing menu in the phone contacts > display options. Make sure your gmail account shows up. Press it and you should see "System Group: My Contacts" and make sure that's checked.

dadds27

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
is there a way for tmo to send my number to my sim card? or do i have to go to the store to have them do it for me? i dont have any other tmo phones to use

Shadow207

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but it worked for me ( I have the OG droid).

If you have a #Warranty Center in your contacts, you should have two numbers listed under it.
#1: 1-866-406-5754
#2: Your Phone number

Set the picture from your gallery and then the ME icon should have that picture.

If you don't have that number in your contacts, as I didn't, You can create the contact and it should work.

I still wish i could get the ME icon to sync to my facebook profile but i can't seem to get that working. :-\

Billmjr53

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
ok on a samsung nexus click on your app button go to apps and find one that says (people)bring it up and the top contact should say (me) might even have your name there-- choose it. it will bring you to another screen..on that screen on the top right are 3 little dots click it then click edit..then when next screen comes up touch your pic then a screen will come up giving your choices were to get your new pic from..when you select a pic it will ask you to crop it.. it will replace old one..then on top left click on done..then restart your phone ..........:p

Last edited:

Billmjr53

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
ok to change your profile pic and have it show when you bring up text messaging on a samsung nexus click on your app button go to apps and find one that says (people) bring it up and the top contact should say (me) might even have your name there-- choose it. it will bring you to another screen..on that screen on the top right are 3 little dots click it then click edit..then when next screen comes up touch your pic then a screen will come up giving your choices were to get your new pic from..when you select a pic it will ask you to crop it.. it will replace old one..then on top left click on done..then restart your phone :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt