1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    ROM
    BH

Question NEXUS S - Ad-Hoc Connection! How-To?!

Hi,

Yesterday I received my Google Nexus S phone, WOW I can tell you it’s amazing…

Well I’m new to android phone, I just want to know how to connect the Nexus S to an Ad-Hoc Wirless connection. I can connect my iPhone 4, Windows 7 Phone etc… to the ad-hoc connection but in the Nexus S I can’t see the connection in wireless settings! Can anyone please let me know how?!

Thanks and Regards,
    Last edited by phenom; 01-24-2011 at 09:58 PM.

Found this after a short search on Google:

I have no idea if it will work on the NS. Attempt at your own risk.

Since Android doesn't support it in it's native form, why not just get an a WAP or Wireless Router? They're cheap, secure and you don't have to have your computer on all the time.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    ROM
    BH

Arrow

Thanks BartmanJax, actually I googled it and I found some solution for Nexus One and Galaxy S, but I didn’t find for Nexus S, that’s why I posted here… regarding the WAP, I have it at home, but the reason I need to use ad-hoc is at work…

Again thank you…

Regards,

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phenom View Post
    Thanks BartmanJax, actually I googled it and I found some solution for Nexus One and Galaxy S, but I didn’t find for Nexus S, that’s why I posted here… regarding the WAP, I have it at home, but the reason I need to use ad-hoc is at work…

Again thank you…

Regards,
    try this....

replace the wpa_supplicant in the \system\bin directory with the one in the thread. make a backup of the old one !!!!!!!!