Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Vibrate

Hello and good day. I have a nexus one and a nexus s and I am experiencing a vibrate issue with the s. When I get a call, I can get the phone to ring and vibrate. But when I get a text, I get the tone but no vibrate. When i put it on silent with vibration on always, for I rings it vibrates but for text it doesn't. Does anyone here have this issue? Should I reset my phone? I would hate to do that as it would take some time to get it back to how it was so Im asking first. Thanks for any help given....

ROM
    CM7 Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by pryan208 View Post
    Hello and good day. I have a nexus one and a nexus s and I am experiencing a vibrate issue with the s. When I get a call, I can get the phone to ring and vibrate. But when I get a text, I get the tone but no vibrate. When i put it on silent with vibration on always, for I rings it vibrates but for text it doesn't. Does anyone here have this issue? Should I reset my phone? I would hate to do that as it would take some time to get it back to how it was so Im asking first. Thanks for any help given....
    I think mine was defaulted on Never (to vibrate). In your Messaging app, hit Menu and then Settings. Scroll down to Notification settings and select Vibrate. Select Always and you should be good to go.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

wow, i didn't even realize there was a settings option there.... thanks sooo much for your help.

I highly recommend installing handcent and using it for your texts. Look in its settings menu and be amazed at all the nice options you get.