Music Player

callison.168

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I got a Nexus S for Christmas and I'm extremely happy with it. I came from a G1 so it's night and day. Okay, so I like the stock music player a lot actually. But I have a two part complaint/question:

1. I have all my album art loaded but sometimes they will disappear if I had manually put the art on the phone. Any reason why? And, I've noticed lag sometimes when scrolling through albums.

2. I use iTunes for podcasts and I put the podcasts directly on my phone. I just drag the file directly from iTunes. Is there a way for the stock music player or a 3rd party player to show which podcasts I have listened to? On my iPod Nano, it will show a blue dot next to podcasts I haven't listened to. Does MortPlayer do this?

Thanks you guys are great!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I got a Nexus S for Christmas and I'm extremely happy with it. I came from a G1 so it's night and day. Okay, so I like the stock music player a lot actually. But I have a two part complaint/question:

1. I have all my album art loaded but sometimes they will disappear if I had manually put the art on the phone. Any reason why? And, I've noticed lag sometimes when scrolling through albums.

2. I use iTunes for podcasts and I put the podcasts directly on my phone. I just drag the file directly from iTunes. Is there a way for the stock music player or a 3rd party player to show which podcasts I have listened to? On my iPod Nano, it will show a blue dot next to podcasts I haven't listened to. Does MortPlayer do this?

Thanks you guys are great!
I'm not sure about the podcasting question, but you should give DoubleTwist a try. Its a GREAT alternative music player.

chriswaar

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if this will work perfectly or not, but I use iSyncr to sync iTunes playlists with my Nexus S. iSyncr has the ability to sync play count with iTunes. If that works, you could create a smart playlist in iTunes for non-played podcasts to sync with your phone via iSyncr. Once you sync up after listening to the podcast, it should remove itself from the smart playlist. Just an idea.

callison.168

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate all the quick responses! To Droid800, I've been using Double Twist all day today and am very happy with it. I might stick with it as my default music player. Although it does have a separate are for podcasts, it doesn't tell me if they have been listened to or not. But the separation helps me keep track better.

To Chriswaar, I'll check that out tonight. Thanks!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate all the quick responses! To Droid800, I've been using Double Twist all day today and am very happy with it. I might stick with it as my default music player. Although it does have a separate are for podcasts, it doesn't tell me if they have been listened to or not. But the separation helps me keep track better.

To Chriswaar, I'll check that out tonight. Thanks!

Yeah its one of the best (if not the best) alternative music players. Its really polished, and just looks great.