2.3.3 is messing my up my screen color

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
My Google voice icon and widgets are missing. I can't make any international calls from my phone. All this happened after I did the manual update to 2.3.3..Is there a way to roll back to 2.3.2..Dammn I miss my N1 as well. This was the worst $600.00 phone I've ever had. No more sammy crap for me.

Yes you can go back to 2.3.2 by deleting 2.3.3 on the internal SD and then putting 2.3.2 back in. visit the FAQ and it will have a link to 2.3.2. It is under OTA updates.

Crayons#AC

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can go back to 2.3.2 by deleting 2.3.3 on the internal SD and then putting 2.3.2 back in. visit the FAQ and it will have a link to 2.3.2. It is under OTA updates.

The link here in the AC Nexus S FAQ didn't work. Kept pulling an error up. Didn't write it down.

On top of this is anyone getting horrible photo images on top of the color being yellow? My background now looks like the color palette was cut in half. There's zero blending and looks horrible now. I have to use a solid black background unless I want any sort of fancy color blending to look like a BlackBerry 83xx series phone.

Last edited:

Nawktonson

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The yellowish screen was the first thing I noticed after upgrading also. It looks like a CCFL backlit screen now with high contrast blacks. Before the upgrade, it looked like there was a bluish tint which looked kinda crappy to me. I think I prefer the yellow over the blue. To me, whites look more white now without the blueish tint.

brucewayne

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I manually updated last night and the colour difference was the first thing I noticed. It looks terrible IMHO. :'(

Another thing I've noticed is that the 3D app drawer used to be clear on the top and bottom 3D parts (as if it had Anisotropic filtering applied) but now it's blurry like my old Nexus One's app drawer looked. :':)'(

Anyone else notice this?

Yep, blurry on top and bottom looks like kaka now.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

GeneralTula

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey Everybody,

First off I want to start by saying, YES, there is a warmer color temp to the NS post update (2.3.3). However, this is not for the worst. I've compared the screen with the G2 and a NS pre update and while the color was definitely more vivid (and bled into each other a lot) the new color scheme is DEFINITELY much more true to life.

And I know a lot of you will say that you want the vivid color back and I understand that, but you also have to give Google and the makers of the screen savers and apps time to adapt to this new color temp.

Overall this is my input:

1) The screen isn't as bright and I would like that changed.
2) The color scheme is warmer (ex:yellow tint) but either way you have a blue color tempt, red color tempt or green color temp. Ex: RGB. Red, Green & Blue make up all colors on our phone and all Google did was change the color temp so there is less red and blue and more Green. I actually like the change.
3) I have had a couple problems with signal but overall I think its something that will be addressed soon or I was just in a bad location.

Please give me any feedback on what you think about the change. And please, before you make tons of comments about it please compare and search different web pages and pictures and look at the differences. The screen shows much more detail on pictures now instead of just blackness or purplish tints.

Reactions: font1975

rb81

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading other forums on this issue and I think I have found why some people like the color change and some don't. Apparently not all samoled screens are the same, some have a cool bluish tint and others have a warm yellowish tint. I can attest to this because I'm on my second nexus s, I exchanged my first for an unrelated issue. My first one did appear to have a greenish/yellowish tint to the color scheme and my current one appears slightly cool or blue. I think if you fall into the category of having a warmer yellowish tint to begin with the update can exacerbate the issue. If you have a cooler temp it may not be as noticible. Either way, I think that changing the color temp several months after release was a mistake. People get used to how their device looks and a sudden change can be troublesome.

nexus s user

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Just updated manually to 2.3.3 thinking that will be able to revert back to 2.3.2 but now when i try to revert it back to 2.3.2 it gives error..Installation aborted ..Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
I did delete the 2.3.3 package from internal storage downloaded 2.3.2 update renamed it to update.zip still no go
I'm stuck now ..was better off with 2.3.2
Has anyone tried manually reverting back to 2.3.2 after updating to 2.3.3??

Colourfielding

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I just want to say thanks to Google for knowing my tastes better than myself. For a while there i thought i knew what i liked. I bought my Nexus S with color temps that were pleasing to my eye and now i have a screen that looks worse that my friends 4 year old Iphone. It's like buying a new deep blue car at a car dealership and going back to pick it up and having them give me a washed out baby blue color car. It flat out looks lame when you had the most vibrant screen out there before. Google better have a fix for it soon. Thanks again Google for screwing up a perfectly good phone!

Dexter73

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Normally I am impatient and I want the latest updates ASAP. But after reading these posts and seeing the before and after pictures I am not updating my phone. Every few minutes it says in my notification bar that there is a system update available. I just pull the bar down and hit clear. I don't remember reading anybody complaining about the color of the Nexus S screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae