2.3.3 is messing my up my screen color

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I just updated my Nexus S manually to Android 2.3.3 and the screen is really yellowish. It is kind of annoying but I have a feeling that it was because I updated my Nexus S manually. Are any of you having this screen color changing stuff?

Klotera

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I thought it was just me imagining things. The screen looks washed out until I crank the brightness. Could just be that they dropped the default brightness levels when using the sensor. However, I liked how they were after having the Nexus One always be so dark when on auto-brightness.

gbpal

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
hmmm maybe its just random, but idk because i've read the same thing in other forums. But I updated manually and I can't notice a difference from the way it was before the update...

chaz_uk

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I manually updated last night and the colour difference was the first thing I noticed. It looks terrible IMHO. :'(

Another thing I've noticed is that the 3D app drawer used to be clear on the top and bottom 3D parts (as if it had Anisotropic filtering applied) but now it's blurry like my old Nexus One's app drawer looked. :':)'(

Anyone else notice this?

njd915

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
issues!

Also having the color issues...is really dark...not all nice and bright like before...now it looks like a crappy screen...n not a super amoled ......that sucks.....and also a question???? Have any of you noticed the 3G logo appearing and disappearing while connected to wifi?? That is annoying!!! What is up with this bull crap update GOOGLE!? I want my nexus one back...this phone is a piece of crap..not what I expected from google... :( for a 600 dollar phone :(. Please let us know if you will resolve this and or any users have resolve these issues in any sort of way! ??? It is very annoying with the 3g re appearing and disappearing while in wifi mode! And I guess the best thing..is that it is charging faster now???????? Can anyone confirm that with me?

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm reading/hearing about a slew of [new] glitches and issues... like widgets not working properly, or Google Voice not loading properly, the aforementioned color-change...

What is up with this, Google?

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone gotten this update OTA and seen this issue? Seems like everyone reporting the problem has done the update manually.....

Andromedo

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Screen color

I can confirm that the screen brightness/contrast/tint seem to have been altered in GRI40. Like the other posters, one of the first things I noticed.

The latter two seem to be the real problem, in my eyes. The color tint shifted towards yellow, making colors look funny. The contrast seems to have been decreased, washing the screen out, which seems to spread the yellow tint everywhere and make it much more noticeable.

My screen was beautiful and contrasty before, now it's washed out and yellow.

Interesting that the "Google" logo that shows up when the thing boots still looks great.

Not until the OS comes up does the screen look bad.

Last edited:

Klotera

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
It looks okay again if you turn up the brightness. So, you may not notice if you were already manually handling your brightness. I was always using auto, though, so I noticed.

chaz_uk

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Here are 3 snaps of my Nexus S with it's godly Super AMOLED screen taken alongside my ZTE Blade with normal OLED screen:

These shots were teken on my Galaxy Tab's lowly camera so it's no way near as good as looking with your eyes but you can see that the Nexus S looks extremely washed out now:

Looking at the posts on XDA, some people are happy with the changes but I'm not a fan. I'll do some comparisons with the wife's Galaxy S when she gets home later.

Last edited:

rb81

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
WTF - Google changed the screen temperatures intentionally???? I don't know what they are thinking, my screen looked perfect before. I didn't see the reddish grays mentioned in the A.C. story. I appreciate Google trying to update its dev phones quickly and consistently, but if it aint broke don't fix it. :mad:

joe767

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
My Google voice icon and widgets are missing. I can't make any international calls from my phone. All this happened after I did the manual update to 2.3.3..Is there a way to roll back to 2.3.2..Dammn I miss my N1 as well. This was the worst $600.00 phone I've ever had. No more sammy crap for me.