Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Market and Updates not pushing?

Hello, all.

Due to a screen defect, I had to exchange my Nexus S for a new one. I have had the new one for 3 days and I have yet to get the new market OR the 2.3.2/2.3.3 updates pushed to the device...

Yes, I know I can do this manually, however, I prefer to have pushed to my device. I am assuming this will still be pushed? I tried searching for updates and it said none available.

Just wait?

Thanks.
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

Yes. Google said it will be a while till EVERYONE has the 2.3.3 update. It might take a while for both of the updates. Sorry. You can always do it manually. Also about the market HERE is a thread that tells you how to get the new one.
    Last edited by Baconator; 03-04-2011 at 05:04 PM.

ROM
    CM7 Nightly

Try force checking by dialing this thru your dialer: *#*#checkin#*#*
    Don't hit send, just watch the notification area for a prompt indicating that you are checked in.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0.3 (IML74K)

I applied 2.3.3 manually, but I also did a factory reset. Took about 5 days for the new market to show up again.

I've not got the OTA for 2.3.3 yet either. It's been a couple of weeks and would've thought it be out by now. Oh well, not in that big a hurry.

(Don't suppose Google suspended it do you? <--- Rumor mongering )

As for the market update, my N1 just updated to 2.3.3 a couple of days ago and I noticed the market had reverted back to the old style. Guess it'll re-update itself in due time.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Hello, all.

Well, its been almost 2 weeks since my original post and still nothing has updated. No new market and still sitting firmly at 2.3...

Any reason to be concerned as of yet?

Thanks again.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you don't have it by Thursday morning you are allowed to start worrying. Thursday would mark it being 3 weeks since the update has been pushed, and Google said it should take only about 2 weeks.

Yep, neither mine nor my wife's has updated to 2.3.3. All updates to 2.3.2 we got OTA without issue.

I was joking in the previous post, but I'm actually beginning to wonder if Google has put the brakes on the OTA? Probably not, but odd it would take this long. Since our phones don't appear affected by random reboots, I'm not too worried about it yet, though.

@Jalarm
    You know, Google never hits their time estimates. Wouldn't be surprised if this drags out to six weeks! (Wish I could get away with that at my job.)

I got previous updates within a few days...I'm still waiting as well. Not in a big rush only had one reboot since launch.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

@font1975, that's what I kinda meant give them a little more time because they are very slow. I mean look how long their beta's last.
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom