overheating?

tigim101

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
just bought a nexus one from best buy, was eligible for a phone upgrade, (was coming from blackberry 8900), i love the phone so far, real fast and android feels fresh compared to RIM's unchanged OS, but the phone seems to get pretty warm, warmer than most phones that ive used. It doesnt feel too hot, but do you guy's nexus' get warm to the touch as well? it dropped to low battery and it felt even hotter, and the charging also seems slow. im going to give it a few days since i still have the best buy 30 day thing, but i just want to get some feedback

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes the phone does get warm at times. Many people have also said something about it heating up. This shouldn't be a problem on how the phone works, or as far as I know.

tigim101

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
what about the charging? how long should it take for a charge? its definately a whole lot slower than my blackberry. and should i upgrade to the newest OS, i heard it messes with the screen colors among other things

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
It takes a while to charge, I am not sure exactly because I charge it over night. The new update makes the screen more yellowish but after a while it shouldn't bother you. It does not "mess up" the phone, it actually brings a lot of bug fixes. It keeps your phone up to date in protection, bug fixes, and new NFC features. It is a good update and if you can get past the minor color change then you should be good. Still feels like the Nexus S I got out of the box.

tigim101

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
ok thanks, is there some of sort of manager program like blackberry manager for android? it says my phone is up to date even though its 2.3.1

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
The system update thing in the "about phone" doesn't work for me. If you want to get 2.3.3 right now you would have to update manually which takes 3minutes or wait for your phone to get the update OTA (Over the Air.) If you want to do it manually go to the FAQ's and it go to the 2.3.3 update and there should be a link where there are instructions on how to update to 2.3.3 manually.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I might add that charging from the USB port on your computer is really, really slow. I always use the wall charger. Still not high speed, but definitely faster than the USB port. It make take a few charging cycles to normalize.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital