White Nexus S for AT&T AVAILABLE!

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Negri Electronics is selling a Nexus S that will work on AT&T's 3G. SO if you have been waiting for a Nexus S that will work on AT&T here it is. It costs $598.50.

5581151588_b45e7e0d4a.jpg

Samsung Google Nexus S i9020T 850/1900 3G (Unlocked) (White)

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
the fact that this hasn't come to at&t yet is sufficient reason to think the t-mo merger is a bad idea.

I wholeheartedly agree that this merger is a bad idea, especially for consumers on T-Mo's side of the equation. But for clarity, the Nexus S will never "come to AT&T", just like the Nexus One never came to AT&T. (In that it was never sold, supported, or subsidized by at&t.)

But like the Nexus One before it, that doesn't stop Samsung/Google from releasing a version with radios compatible with AT&T's network. And it so happens it would be compatible in Canada, too!

Give it time, it was like 5 or 6 months after the N1 release before we saw an AT&T compatible version of it. I am not surprised we've not seen it yet. And even if we don't, someone's bound to sell the "Canadian" one to us poor souls in the States.

GuyverV

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
that's true. what i meant was subsidized. when the merger happens, that'll go away. should have been more clear.

if it doesn't come out by june (i only buy black phones :cool:), i'll wait for the nexus 3. hopefully it'll have all gsm bands.

I wholeheartedly agree that this merger is a bad idea, especially for consumers on T-Mo's side of the equation. But for clarity, the Nexus S will never "come to AT&T", just like the Nexus One never came to AT&T. (In that it was never sold, supported, or subsidized by at&t.)

But like the Nexus One before it, that doesn't stop Samsung/Google from releasing a version with radios compatible with AT&T's network. And it so happens it would be compatible in Canada, too!

Give it time, it was like 5 or 6 months after the N1 release before we saw an AT&T compatible version of it. I am not surprised we've not seen it yet. And even if we don't, someone's bound to sell the "Canadian" one to us poor souls in the States.

Rich Rasp

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
WOW, I really don't like the way the white one smothers the phone. I thought I saw a picture somewhere that shows only the bottom half of the nexus s with white. This pic shows the top ring around the glass in white also. Don't like it. The only advantage I see in owning this is it will not be as much of fingerprint maget as the black one.

paulpenny

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Not a real photo. I have a white one and it is just the back which is white. From the front the only white you can see is the on/off button and the volume rocker.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Waaaaaay too late now, Sprint got a Nexus S first... weird... I would just wait for the next Nexus, for sure it will be amazinger xD

Sent from my Xoom

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
My only question, does the GPS work on the Nexus S?

If it does, then it's one more phone for me to pick from along with the LG if/when it hits ATT..

The GPS issue was never an issue with the Nexus S. Poor Samsung, just can't get break.

I've had my NS since the week it came out. Never had a GPS issue. I've never timed it, but outside it seems like it locks almost instantly. Inside, just depends on the building your in. Deep inside an office building it seems to not lock, but then, I think most GPS would have troubles there. In my house, it takes a little longer than outside, but most of the time it seems like it still locks in a minute or less.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2