scratches

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
today i looked at my screen under the sun light and there are alot of scratches on the glass...which sucks. but i have never put the screen face down before. just kinda pissed since i unloaded a lot of money for the phone to find its getting scratched from just using the device. i never had to worry about that when i owned the N1. just saying.:mad:

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
i had one on the phone, but took it off because it made the screen look like crap. eh, its really what ever about the scratches. i'm basically warning others that the screen is not scratch resistant, anything can scratch the screen.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely hate screen protectors, but I may opt for a Zagg invisibleshield if the phone is gathering scratches on people. My G2X's battery door cover was covered in scratches after just two days. The center strip which is supposed to make the phone look "classy" has at least ten scratches criss-crossing it.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't have scratches on mine, it's best right after you purchase the unit to put it under a lamp and examine it for any defects that came from the manufacturer. I suffered, my Xoom has a dead pixel but I didn't catch it in time

Sent from my Xoom

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
My epic gets some scratches. But they are invisible to touch and eye with screen on. I don't think they were meant to be scratch proof. Just crush proof.

My iphone glass was scratched to hell back in the day. Couldn't tell with the screen on.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Well I have never gotten a scratch on aany touch screen device that I own (iPod, Xoom, Nexus S, and Vibrant). I don't know why everyone has such bad luck and get scratches on their device. I have a big problem with my devices just having things under the screens or dead pixels, other than that I am pretty careful with all my devices.

Sent from my Xoom

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I think its because I accident put the phone on my pocket that my keys are in. I don't even think any one else would notice them.

Bad much story. Replacement blackberry. Day old. Go to plug charger in and accidently miss and scratch the screen. True story.

TDR

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I took a look at my NS under a lamp and couldn't see any scratches on the screen. Plenty of fine scratches on the back though (I don't use a case).

One thing I suggest is avoid excessive cleaning of the screen. Doing so can wear off the screen coatings and increase the risk of scratching.

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
My screen doesn't haven any, at least none that I can tell, but the back cover has a bunch of them. I dont use a cover or a screen protector.