2.3.4 OTA link and installation instructions

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
http://android.clients.google.com/p...749.signed-soju-GRJ22-from-GRI40.a14a2dd0.zip

This is courtesy Mr. Carter Porier, who was kind enough to send it in.

• Download the OTA package above
  • Rename it to update.zip, and place it on the root of your internal storage
  • Shut down your phone, and reboot into the bootloader by holding volume up and powering back on
  • Use the volume buttons to choose "recovery" from the list, and select it with the power button
  • When you see the triangle on your screen, press volume up and power once more and you'll have a list of options, choose to update

skunkd

May 23, 2010
Visit site
you have no idea if this works for the nexus s 4g yet you post it up in these forums?

CDMA and wimax radio have to be addressed. I would imagine that this would not be fully functional on a nexus s 4g.

daemian

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Help on android 2.3.4 install

Hi i am using a Nexus S and download the android 2.3.4 . Currently my Nexus S is "dead" it keep freezing up and right now i think the storage device is corrupted. I try to copied the file into the storage it look like it does not copied into it. It look like the storage right now is read only ? i try to reset to factory setting it also wont reset back. So is there anyway to help me ? like force install the 2.3.4 using CMD ?

daemian

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
now it showing Damage usb storage.. how am i going to fix it ? can anyone pls help me ? i really hope to use back my Nexus S :(

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
i must add that this update has improved battery life immensely! anyone else feel the same ?

YES! It lasted me FOREVER yesterday and I used it the whole day for navigation, surfed the web (a lot), I downloaded a million files, and made a bunch of calls! I think I used my phone yesterday more than I have ever since I got it, and the battery lasted me the whole day.

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
YES! It lasted me FOREVER yesterday and I used it the whole day for navigation, surfed the web (a lot), I downloaded a million files, and made a bunch of calls! I think I used my phone yesterday more than I have ever since I got it, and the battery lasted me the whole day.

yeah same here! im really impressed with this update. i normally have to plug my phone in during the day since battery gets low fast. i use wifi all the time (no coverage in my dorm) and the battery has lasted like a champ, plus i used the web and calls all the time and sms sending has not put a dent in the battery life! very impressed

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I recommend to anyone wanting their battery to last longer is to lower the brightness of the screen. The screen brightness is what will kill your battery, I usually have my screen to the lowest brightness.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Since I am an ATT user and have EDGE only, I am at 50% with 14 hours of use right now :D Not extreme use moderate use.

reuma1

May 4, 2011
Visit site
up date Nexus S To Android 2.3.4 Manually (GRI40 Or GRI54 -> GRJ22)

thanks to androidpolice.

Those who wish to update.Thanks to androidpolice.

1.go to [Updated 5/4/11] Don’t Wait For The OTA – Update Your Nexus S To Android 2.3.4 Manually (GRI40 Or GRI54 -> GRJ22) | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police

2. download from here : Update 5/4/11: Since the previous GRI54 -> GRJ22 update didn’t work for most people, a new update, which is actually the full GRJ22 ROM, should finally allow you to upgrade to 2.3.4. It is available here. Thanks, Peter and Bandis710!

Before Upgrade:
nexus s
Android 2.3.3
I9023
KB33
GRI54

After Upgrade:
nexus s
Android 2.3.4
I9023 KD1
Build GRj22
Kernel version 2.56.35.7-ge382d80 androib-bild@apa#1