Macbook Pro can not connect to Nexus S WiFi hotspot.

Muffler

May 6, 2011
www.glossyclean.com
Hello everyone, I have a 13' Macbook Pro and for some reason I cant connect to nexus s(2.3.4) wifi hotspot. I have tried disabling and enabling encryption nothing works, macbook says "connection timeout". Also I have noticed that mac asks for WEP pass insted WPA2. Any ideas what it can be?

Thanks!

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, I have a 13' Macbook Pro and for some reason I cant connect to nexus s(2.3.4) wifi hotspot. I have tried disabling and enabling encryption nothing works, macbook says "connection timeout". Also I have noticed that mac asks for WEP pass insted WPA2. Any ideas what it can be?

Thanks!

Thats weird, i have a MacBook, and have been using hotspot on 2.3.4 and it's working fine for me. maybe when you set hotspot on, there is other settings called "portable wifi hotspot settings" and in that tab click on configure wifi hotspot. Make sure the security is set on open, and also maybe change the name of the signal so your computer is seeing it as a different name. Hope this helps in any way!:)

Muffler

May 6, 2011
www.glossyclean.com
I'm in t-mobile and I have unlimited data plan.
I have a kindle, and it's connecting to the hotspot without any problems, the problem seems to be
only with macbook and iphone. Does anybody knows how to check what's the default getaway and subnet mask for Nexus S wifi hotspot?

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm in t-mobile and I have unlimited data plan.
I have a kindle, and it's connecting to the hotspot without any problems, the problem seems to be
only with macbook and iphone. Does anybody knows how to check what's the default getaway and subnet mask for Nexus S wifi hotspot?

None of my Apple products will connect to my Android phones' hotspots. Tried it with my Desire and iPad, my Nexus and Macbook, my Captivate and iPhone... none would work.

gd1952

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be a hit am miss type of issue. I have an iPad and it works fine. My MacBook Pro will connect but then is dropped after a couple of minutes. I have tried various things like firewall, opening up security, etc. Finally gave up and using EasyTether Pro with a USB connection. If I did not have my iPad, I would discontinue service. Verizon will not admit there is a problem even with all of the posting though out the internet of people having a problem. Of course they say it is an Apple hardware issue. One other little bit of information. This PC is dual boot within Windows 7. It also has the same problem.:(

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
macbook says "connection timeout". Also I have noticed that mac asks for WEP pass insted WPA2. Any ideas what it can be?

Try the option to connect to another network. This will give you the option to select the encryption method rather than let the mac autodetect it. Might just be the solution... Worked for me on some hotspots in the past, though myself have never had issues with tethering to my android phones, nexus or otherwise.

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk