Mic stops working - ONLY during calls?

jp22382

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Bought a NS4G last weekend and am having a weird problem. Posting this here since there are more sets of eyes in this forum :)

ONLY during calls, my mic seems to stop working. I can use voice search and voice nav no problem. Can pull the phone far away from my face and it hears me just fine. But if I'm on a call I practically have to shout into the mic. Tried to leave myself a voicemail on my work number and it didn't even register that I was talking.

Also just tried using a db meter app and the mic works perfectly with that.

I recently installed Netarchy kernel and Voodoo control.

Could there be a setting that is screwing with my mic during calls?

EDIT: I think I've narrowed it down to Voodoo Control :/

Uninstalled app, rebooted and now people can hear me fine.

Anyone else run into this?

Last edited:

ksmullins88

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I
Hi all,

Bought a NS4G last weekend and am having a weird problem. Posting this here since there are more sets of eyes in this forum :)

ONLY during calls, my mic seems to stop working. I can use voice search and voice nav no problem. Can pull the phone far away from my face and it hears me just fine. But if I'm on a call I practically have to shout into the mic. Tried to leave myself a voicemail on my work number and it didn't even register that I was talking.

Also just tried using a db meter app and the mic works perfectly with that.

I recently installed Netarchy kernel and Voodoo control.

Could there be a setting that is screwing with my mic during calls?

EDIT: I think I've narrowed it down to Voodoo Control :/

Uninstalled app, rebooted and now people can hear me fine.

Anyone else run into this?

Yes I just ran into it on my epic 4g with voodoo control. Thanks so much to finding this it was drving me crazy

nakenochny

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for this! I too was having the same issue with my Samsung Epic 4G and this saved me the trouble of a replacement, not to mention the irritation of that having not fixed the issue. :D