Apps Disappearing in the Market...

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
ok so today i was browsing the market and looking at the installed apps. When i click on some of the apps (i.e. Facebook, Google Maps, Youtube) i get a message saying "the requested item you have selected cannot be found...ok what gives? i have them installed on my phone but the market does not recognize them...this is really annoying. Oh and i might add that the netflix app has disappeared as well. This could be a problem. Anyone else getting Market problems?

mycrownvic02#WN

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Do you have any task killers or anti viruses, third party messaging apps? If not, and uve already pulled your battery, then you may just need to reset the device.

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you have any task killers or anti viruses, third party messaging apps? If not, and uve already pulled your battery, then you may just need to reset the device.

you're probably right. No i don't have any task killers or antivirus apps (don't need them) maybe i just need to reset it. I'll test it and get back to y'all when i do to see if it resolves the problem.

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Update:

So i reset my device and now the apps appear in the market. Maybe i Just got the bad case of the hiccups or what not. Hopefully they stay and I don't have to reset the phone...major pain lol:p

lingalonga

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I would add my findings about apps vanishing.

I noticed my google apps kept disappearing from market and then when I searched for them and viewed them in the market i was able to click 'install' even though they are on the phone.

So the next time they (Gmail, Voice Search, Google Search, etc) vanished from market i decide to dig deeper and noticed that the version of the apps on my Nexus S where never than the versions in market. E.g. At the moment Gmail is 2.3.4.1 in market but I have 2.3.4.2 installed on my phone.

skyler0

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I found that happened with my and my parents Android phones (I have a Nexus, they have Optimus Ones).

The facebook app that was installed was an outdated version and it wasn't linked to the market Facebook. When browsing to the facebook app it would say 'install' instead of 'update'. After installing only one facebook remained, and everything was ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12